Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

New to the site....

Old 12-15-2003, 06:55 AM
emilee225
Too Slow....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emilee225 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks SDEWYZ, I'm happy to be here. I couldn't see the picture you posted though. Corned Beef is a meat market, and IMO, when I was single, going there sucked. Now, don't get me wrong, some people may enjoy it. But I didn't enjoy going there and having my ass pinched and then when I turn around there's 10 guys looking the other way swearing they didn't do it. It's just mostly a place that you go when you're looking for a one night stand...of course that's not why I went Anyway, Cornerstone is better, I enjoy it much more than Corned Beef. Typically the music is better and you can actually have a conversation there.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:04 AM
Rguy
God

Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point

I would not go to a place called CORN BEEF looking for anything, well anything other than corned beef.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:20 AM
DrOpPeDRiCe
Eat a ding ding...

DrOpPeDRiCe is on a distinguished road

i'm kinda late but.....welcome to the site!!
Old 12-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally posted by SDEWYZ

So Corned Beef & Co is no good????
I hate that place. I guess because I don't own anything Tommy Hilfiger or whatever all the preppy people are wearing these days, and I don't drive a BMW.

nothing against BMW owners by the way...
Old 12-15-2003, 03:13 PM
SDEWYZ
New to Area

SDEWYZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm....I was just curious. I heard it was good, but I'm not looking for a one night stand just a place that has a good atmosphere and good drinks.

Emilee I don't blame you for not liking it, althouh most girls that go there prob do it for a reason, just like the guys......

Where is cornerstone? If you guys ever venture out PM or email me. If my GF ever gets down here we will have another too but untill then im just bach'ing it.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:33 PM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Cornerstone is a block down from Corned beef. It is right across from the market building and the science museum. Used to be called confettis.

Never been to corned beef at night but from what I understand it's a meat market. Though they are supposed to have a nice humidor.
Old 12-16-2003, 05:28 AM
emilee225
Too Slow....

emilee225 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Metro has a good atmosphere too. It's between Corned Beef and Cornerstone, on the same strip as Cornerstone. It's pretty expensive, but if you like a "Martini Bar" atmosphere then that's the place for you. A guy that I work with also deejays there on Friday and Saturday nights, kind of techno though. That's just not my bag baby. Anyway, I think anywhere you go downtown besides Corned Beef (Awful Arthur's, Cornerstone, NRG Music Co.---formerly Saltori's, Metro, Beamer's or 309 Market Street) has a pretty good atmosphere, and Awful Arthur's at Towers is pretty entertaining, though I haven't been there in a couple months. Or you can do the Redneck 500 and grab a drink at all of them on a Friday night. I recommend a cab!! And that has been the latest update on the bar scene in Roanoke.