Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Cycle whore thread

Old 01-29-2011 | 10:05 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu
Default Re: Cycle whore thread

I'd check the solenoid, then the rectifier. If it was the rectifier, you prolly wouldn't even have power going to your gauges/lights.
Old 01-30-2011 | 12:17 PM
FairladyZTT
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by IRR0MPIBLE
Well, I bought a new battery and it still doesn't start. In any case, I'm not mad I bought the battery, because I have no idea how old the other one is. And given the state the bike was in when I bought it, it was probably the original battery. So, the other possibilities listed have been rectifier and starter solenoid, correct? Could it be the starter altogether? Any other ideas? I appreciate all the input.
have you ever riden the bike? I was under the impression that it just stopped working one day. If you bought the bike and it will turn over but not start... It could be a number of things.

My nephew had a simular problem on his 02 R6... turned out that because the previous owner let the bike sit outside, the kill switch on the right handlebar had build up on it. took it apart and cleaned the connections... the bike started right up.
Old 01-30-2011 | 02:02 PM
IRR0MPIBLE
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

Yeah, I bought the bike about a year ago. I rode it all last year, and a couple of semi warm days this month.
I went to ride it when it was warm last week and that's when I found out it wouldn't start. It had been sitting outside (under a roof) for about 2-3 weeks at that point.
The kill switch looks to be pretty clean.
I'm thoroughly baffled as to how it just up and stopped starting one day.

sidenote, there doesn't appear to be a starter solenoid (per the haynes manual I have). There's a starter relay and motor. I guess it could be either of these two things?

Last edited by IRR0MPIBLE; 01-30-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-30-2011 | 04:38 PM
FairladyZTT
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

is the engine cranking over at all?
Old 01-30-2011 | 05:09 PM
1foxbody
Stock Block Killaa

1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody

Originally Posted by eXploited
DAMN IT I WANT TO RIDE!!!

Who in here uses Repsol Oil?

I brought my bike out for a few hours today it was nice out but started to get chilly. I use repsol oil it's expensive lol.
Old 01-30-2011 | 06:29 PM
IRR0MPIBLE
Registered Member

IRR0MPIBLE has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
is the engine cranking over at all?
It's cranking a little.
Old 01-30-2011 | 09:09 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

sidenote, there doesn't appear to be a starter solenoid (per the haynes manual I have). There's a starter relay and motor. I guess it could be either of these two things?
My bad, I meant the starter relay. Try jumping something across it.
Old 01-31-2011 | 12:43 AM
djgrom
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Well for anyone who knows me. I am pretty sure this is the 5hudy's last season. 60k miles later I think I can finally step up....to a 6hundy.
Old 01-31-2011 | 06:31 AM
paperassgasket
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

It's cranking a little.
then it's probably not the starter.
Old 01-31-2011 | 06:31 AM
paperassgasket
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
then it's probably not the starter.
Originally Posted by djgrom
Well for anyone who knows me. I am pretty sure this is the 5hudy's last season. 60k miles later I think I can finally step up....to a 6hundy.
stickin with a kawi?

Quick Reply: Cycle whore thread