Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

VP RACING FUEL

Old 03-01-2005, 10:48 AM
JDM03
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM03 has disabled reputation
Default VP RACING FUEL

anyone know where to find vp racing fuel (C16) in the roanoke, lynchburg, or christianburg areas?
Old 03-01-2005, 02:31 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: VP RACING FUEL

proline sells VP from what i recall (at least i saw them unload a drum there once)

i have access to a drum of CAM2, its right up the street from me
Old 03-01-2005, 05:05 PM
myclone
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by fc735
proline sells VP from what i recall (at least i saw them unload a drum there once)
BTDT... They wouldnt sell me anything less than a 55 gal drum. Itd take me years to use 55 gallons at the rate Im going. However, there are several places that sell race gas in smaller quantities (5 and 30 gallon) shipped to your door since a coworker buys methonal from an on line source and they sell race gas (cant recall who it is but I can ask this weekend). A google search will prolly turn up several pages of vendors if you cant wait that long.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:08 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

main thing on that is shipping. i *think* that PMI sells VP (or can get it) i will ask him and Hutcheson petroleum when the rep is by the shop this week.

i usually just go to the speedway and get it myself

or run AVgas.

(although i dont own a car that needs it anymore. could run it in the metro )
Old 03-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Spooln4
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

I too would like to know where to buy C-16.

What fuel will the new Blackburg track be selling?
Old 03-01-2005, 05:43 PM
FRCE PWR
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JDM03
anyone know where to find vp racing fuel (C16) in the roanoke, lynchburg, or christianburg areas?

Couple years back, Pro-line would see me about 7 gallons at a time, but I had to PAY for it!!! I think I ended up paying about $2 per gallon extra for them to do that. He may have been hooking me up, may not have. I have known Kenny for years, but wouldnt consider myself a Die-hard pro-line customer.

With all the fuel that Nopi Outlaw Import of yours will burn, you should just step up and install a pump at your house. Good luck this year!!!

Steve
Old 03-02-2005, 06:13 AM
JDM03
Registered Member

JDM03 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FRCE PWR
Couple years back, Pro-line would see me about 7 gallons at a time, but I had to PAY for it!!! I think I ended up paying about $2 per gallon extra for them to do that. He may have been hooking me up, may not have. I have known Kenny for years, but wouldnt consider myself a Die-hard pro-line customer.

With all the fuel that Nopi Outlaw Import of yours will burn, you should just step up and install a pump at your house. Good luck this year!!!

Steve

You got jokes Hows your project coming? We just got back from Georgia--as long as the weather holds out we will be testing at NB this Saturday. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
Teresa
Old 03-02-2005, 06:29 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Another thing is being able to store it legally. We have a hazardous material storage licnese here at the shop. We buy our methanol for our karts 110 gallons at a time, and they bring it to our door. Come to think of it, I think we can get C16 from the same people. I'll have to check....
Old 03-02-2005, 10:26 AM
FRCE PWR
Registered Member

FRCE PWR has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JDM03
You got jokes Hows your project coming? We just got back from Georgia--as long as the weather holds out we will be testing at NB this Saturday. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
Teresa

I am in the process of pulling the motor to be built. I plan on going back with a stronger piston, stainless rings, billet rods and ARP fasteners. I placed an order Monday for a 2.4 Kenne Bell Can't wait to get things going!!!

Steve
Old 03-02-2005, 04:11 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Know of any place in the NOVA area that has race fuels for cheap? Me and a friend plan to pick up a drum this summer just to have on hand.

Quick Reply: VP RACING FUEL