Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Tetanus- My '60 VW bus

Old 09-17-2013 | 04:40 PM
AirSick
The VW guy

AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick
Default Tetanus- My '60 VW bus

Well as some may know, the bug will no longer be finished, by me anyways. I decided to trade it for what I have always wanted, a split window VW bus. I just so happened to know a guy that had just picked one out of a field in SC that had been sitting since the 70's. He has been interested in the bug for a while and knew I was in the market for a bus. He decided to throw this one in my lap as a trade offer, naturally I could not refuse.

She is a little rough around the edges but as you all know, I am not afraid to tackle a crazy project. I have to replace a lot of metal but luckily I can get any repair panel for this thing. I get to go pick her up next weekend so I will have a ton more pictures then, but these are the ones he has sent me so far.

The plans so far are to fix all of the rust, retain as much of the OG paint as possible and touch up where the new metal has been installed.
Old 09-17-2013 | 04:58 PM
Roxtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar Roxtar
Default Re: Tetanus- My '60 VW bus

"fix" all of the rust.

good luck. I'm no expert on metalwork or VWs, but I don't see anything that looks salvageable
Old 09-17-2013 | 05:12 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

you are in for one helluva project man, if you are looking for a quality restore, feel free to pm me. You are free to look up my references.
Old 09-17-2013 | 05:13 PM
AirSick
The VW guy

AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick AirSick

Originally Posted by Roxtar
"fix" all of the rust.

good luck. I'm no expert on metalwork or VWs, but I don't see anything that looks salvageable
You're rite, it doesn't look to salvageable, but this one is relatively decent for an east coast VW. This particular bus would make any novice car guy run for terror. To me it's only metal. I have delt with worse than this so I don't mind it.
Old 09-17-2013 | 05:14 PM
AirSick
The VW guy

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
you are in for one helluva project man, if you are looking for a quality restore, feel free to pm me. You are free to look up my references.
I've seen the work you do man. Maybe I can throw a couple of beers at ya and you come help me hit the grinders one night. Lol.
Old 09-17-2013 | 09:58 PM
Priestiality
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

That's one hell of a project.

Only time I've ever considered that much work on a bus is on my buddy's 23 window.

Have fun.
Old 09-17-2013 | 11:05 PM
Z33_Taxi
Now drives a SWagon

Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi

ooo la la
Old 09-18-2013 | 02:39 AM
AirSick
The VW guy

Originally Posted by Priestiality
That's one hell of a project.

Only time I've ever considered that much work on a bus is on my buddy's 23 window.

Have fun.
I'm ready to tackle it. Shoot me a PM, I am going to need all the help I can get since it looks like you know VW's also. If this one was a 23 window samba it would have been at my house already.
Old 09-18-2013 | 02:57 AM
Jones
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones

I don't know much about metal work but I'm pretty good at drinking beer?
Old 09-18-2013 | 03:23 AM
AirSick
The VW guy

If you can drink PBR and handle a grinder you're in like flin.

Last edited by AirSick; 09-18-2013 at 03:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Tetanus- My '60 VW bus