Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Moving back to Salem

Old 12-27-2006, 08:55 PM
SVTParatrooper
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SVTParatrooper SVTParatrooper
Default Moving back to Salem

Hey guys, I'm from Salem but have been in the Army and gone for about 5 years. I get out of the Army in about two weeks and I'm moving back to Salem. I doubt I know too many of you but I'm sure we know some of the same people. I've posted a few times on here but I usually stay over at Horsepowerjunkies.com or NLOC.net. I drive a white 2003 Lightning, it shouldn't be too hard to recognize me once I move back. I've only seen maybe a hand full of Lightnings in the Salem/Roanoke area. They are all over the place down here in N.C. I used to have a gray 2002 Dakota R/T before the Lightning and a yellow 1994 Mustang GT before I left for the military. Looking forward to maybe catching up with some of you at the track or Fast Freddies once it warms up. I also have a Bombardier DS650 and I'm always looking for a new place to ride.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Heiss M3
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Moving back to Salem

Welcome back.

I just sold my KTM 250SX, or else i'd say lets hit the trails, those DS650s are sweet.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:36 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back, and thanks for serving. There's a black Lightning a few doors down from me, sharp trucks. I think I may have met you at Fast Freddies when you had your R/T. At least, that's the only gray R/T I've ever seen in the area, and that was probably a couple years ago. I've got a supercharged red regular cab R/T. Any mods to the Lightning?
Old 12-28-2006, 05:33 AM
SVTParatrooper
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bad360rt
Welcome back, and thanks for serving. There's a black Lightning a few doors down from me, sharp trucks. I think I may have met you at Fast Freddies when you had your R/T. At least, that's the only gray R/T I've ever seen in the area, and that was probably a couple years ago. I've got a supercharged red regular cab R/T. Any mods to the Lightning?
Yea, that was me. How are ya doing man? I had to sell the R/T, it was too small for me. I ended up lowering it and putting some 17x8 and 17x11 Billet Specialties wheels on it before I sold it. I traded the wheels with that Stallings (sp) fella, who has all of the Mopars, while I was at home on leave from Iraq. He wanted my stock wheels for his orange Dakota. The Lightning has the usual bolt-ons (4# pulley, intake, exhaust, etc.). I think I might have a burnt intake valve right now though. I'm going to pull the head when I get back to Salem next month. I was playing with a C5 vette and all of a sudden all hell broke loose and detenation decided to rear its ugly head. You still have your R/T? That was a bad truck the last time I saw it. Anything new done to it?

Last edited by SVTParatrooper; 12-28-2006 at 07:12 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:06 AM
D1g1tal V3n0m
Slowbra Driver

D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome
Old 12-28-2006, 07:50 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Thanks for doing what you do, and welcome home!

We'll definitely have to get a get-together going in the relatively near future (cough::CHAD::cough) since there are lots of new people spouting... It'll be a good time!

You had a different bike before didn't you?
Old 12-28-2006, 07:52 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SVTParatrooper
Yea, that was me. How are ya doing man? I had to sell the R/T, it was too small for me. I ended up lowering it and putting some 17x8 and 17x11 Billet Specialties wheels on it before I sold it. I traded the wheels with that Stallings (sp) fella, who has all of the Mopars, while I was at home on leave from Iraq. He wanted my stock wheels for his orange Dakota. The Lightning has the usual bolt-ons (4# pulley, intake, exhaust, etc.). I think I might have a burnt intake valve right now though. I'm going to pull the head when I get back to Salem next month. I was playing with a C5 vette and all of a sudden all hell broke loose and detenation decided to rear its ugly head. You still have your R/T? That was a bad truck the last time I saw it. Anything new done to it?
Been good, finally got tired of Jersey (and the drive down here every weekend) and moved back in July. I ran into Anthony (I think that's his name) shortly after moving back here, he still wants to buy my truck lol I don't know if I could give her up tho, at least not for any reasonable price Obviously, I still have it, and I'm still obsessed with trying to make it go faster. Went 7.45@93.88 last time out at Natural Bridge, that was in street trim on DR's. I'm doing a lil weight reduction and putting on a standalone over the winter, with a good tune and slicks/skinnies hoping to hit low, low 7's (high 10 at a 1/4 track). Not sure what it was running last time I saw you, but it's gone as fast as 11.3@120 up in Jersey. Gonna do some cosmetic stuff over the winter too, get her pretty and hit up some shows in the summer.

Hope it's nothing serious with your truck.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:07 AM
SVTParatrooper
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Thanks for doing what you do, and welcome home!

We'll definitely have to get a get-together going in the relatively near future (cough::CHAD::cough) since there are lots of new people spouting... It'll be a good time!

You had a different bike before didn't you?
Yea man, I had a 2001 Gixxer 750. I think we had talked about it before on here. I had alot of bad luck with that bike and sold it about 6 months ago. The guy that bought it hasn't had a bit of trouble with it.....go figure. Maybe it wasn't meant for me to have that bike. I'd be down for a get together. I need to get back and get to know everyone in the car scene again. Alot has changed in 5 years.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:11 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by SVTParatrooper
Yea man, I had a 2001 Gixxer 750. I think we had talked about it before on here. I had alot of bad luck with that bike and sold it about 6 months ago. The guy that bought it hasn't had a bit of trouble with it.....go figure. Maybe it wasn't meant for me to have that bike. I'd be down for a get together. I need to get back and get to know everyone in the car scene again. Alot has changed in 5 years.
I knew I recognized your username and your truck but I wasn't 100% positive. The GSX-R was painted in sonic blue or whatever the color code is right?

We'll definitely get together! Let me know when you get back.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:13 AM
SVTParatrooper
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bad360rt
Been good, finally got tired of Jersey (and the drive down here every weekend) and moved back in July. I ran into Anthony (I think that's his name) shortly after moving back here, he still wants to buy my truck lol I don't know if I could give her up tho, at least not for any reasonable price Obviously, I still have it, and I'm still obsessed with trying to make it go faster. Went 7.45@93.88 last time out at Natural Bridge, that was in street trim on DR's. I'm doing a lil weight reduction and putting on a standalone over the winter, with a good tune and slicks/skinnies hoping to hit low, low 7's (high 10 at a 1/4 track). Not sure what it was running last time I saw you, but it's gone as fast as 11.3@120 up in Jersey. Gonna do some cosmetic stuff over the winter too, get her pretty and hit up some shows in the summer.

Hope it's nothing serious with your truck.
Damn thats moving for an R/T. I guess I was alittle lazy also with getting rid of the R/T. It just takes so much money and time to get some respectable times out of them. I figured I'd buy the Lightning and throw some bolt-ons on it and be happy. Well I was really happy until this last mishap. I don't think my tune was right or something. I'm hoping its just something in the head. I really do not want to pull that engine. But if I do then I'm beefing it up and cranking up the boost. I'll keep my eyes open for you. Take it easy man.

Quick Reply: Moving back to Salem