Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Job Opening - System Administrator, Langley AFB

Old 03-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Khlept0
Trashed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Khlept0 has disabled reputation
Default Job Opening - System Administrator, Langley AFB

We have a vacancy our team on Langley AFB.

First I'll give the official description and then I'll tell you the ground-level description.

The Operations, Intelligence and Security Business Unit currently has an opening for a Systems Administrator. This is an hourly position. Job description: ***Applicants must possess a TOP SECRET/SCI clearance***. A successful candidate will provide technical expertise to support Microsoft Windows server systems and workstations in an Air Force / DoD environment. Responsibilities include support of Internal Networks, Data Security, E-Mail, Internet, Workstations and Printers. Maintain smooth operation of multi-client computer systems, to include administration of desktop computers, client servers, electronic mail, on-line and internet resources, local area networks and wide area networks, and standard application software products. Daily duties may include setting up user accounts, and installing system-wide software and allocation of mass storage space. Provide network and system tuning and maintenance to ensure network and system availability, optimization, acceptable response time, and end-user satisfaction. Ensure the backup and recovery policy is implemented and adhered to at all times. Complete any and all tasks assigned by the Systems Manager in a timely manner. Rotating on-call duty required. A successful candidate possesses considerable logic and understanding to analyze a problem or situation, identify options, select an optimal course of action and meet deadlines. Must have the ability to work independently with little guidance. Ability to respond quickly to rapid changes and accepts new challenges. Personable, professional, ethical and maintain a positive attitude. The work for this position will be performed at Langley AFB, VA. REQUIRED EDUCATION/SKILLS: Bachelor's degree in related technical diSCIpline and 3+ years of operating systems experience. Applicants must possess a TOP SECRET/SCI clearance. Minimum 2 years experience resolving technical issues including the server, network, desktop, account, permissions, passwords, etc. Experience should include working with Active Directory domain –OU, Group Policy, delegation, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Exchange 2003 management, and Roles/Permissions. Candidates must also have excellent communication skills both oral and written. Must be committed to results and success in accomplishing goals, as well as a fast learner with demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology and understand business requirements. Desired skills: Some Unix experience a plus. Familiarity with multi-platform environments.

Non-official description:
Realistically, you'll be doing a lot of desktop administration to start out with until we can figure out your specific skill set. You're only limited by your own ability. You could be a desktop support person or troubleshooting DNS problems with DIA if that's your thing. I'm hoping to get someone with some heavy Active Directory/Exchange experience. You're also going to have to take a Counter-Intel polygraph in the near future, so hopefully you're cool with that.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:20 AM
Joker.
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.
Default Re: Job Opening - System Administrator, Langley AFB

You realize that only a few people on this site if that hold a top secret clearance correct?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:22 AM
Khlept0
Trashed

Actually, I've met quite a few. And if there's no one here, that's fine too. At least I threw it out there for some local people.

Last edited by Khlept0; 03-22-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:28 AM
Joker.
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

Originally Posted by 07civicSI
You realize that only a few people on this site if that hold a top secret clearance correct?
Originally Posted by Khlept0
Actually, I've met quite a few. And if there's no one here, that's fine too. At least I threw it out there for some local people.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Hondas_Only
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

i had a TS but its expired now. do i qualify?
Old 03-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Khlept0
Trashed

Sorry, it would have to be active.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Hondas_Only
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

i know. it was a joke. i have a business im pretty happy with. good luck though. navy tap class bro. you'll be able to find someone there for sure.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:56 AM
tomurphjr
Registered member

tomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura about

I have a secret....of course that doesn't help. I'll ask around and see if I know anyone that might be interested.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:00 AM
subtexel
Slow4door

subtexel has a spectacular aura aboutsubtexel has a spectacular aura aboutsubtexel has a spectacular aura about

I'd be interested though it seems from the job description the pay and title will be way too low for me. I'll pass it around to some of the Jr. / mid-level folks and see if any are interested.

Last edited by subtexel; 03-23-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:13 AM
tomurphjr
Registered member

tomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by subtexel
I'd be interested though it seems from the job description the pay and title will be way too low for me. I'll pass it around to some of the Jr. / mid-level folks and see if any are interested.
I must be blind. Where does he talk about pay?

Quick Reply: Job Opening - System Administrator, Langley AFB