Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

some housing advice...

Old 08-14-2004, 10:53 AM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default some housing advice...

ill be living at home for the first simester of classes at ODU, then 2nd simester i wanted to either share an apartment with my friend whos also attending ODU or move into the dorms...i was doing the math and it seemed to me that a little apartment would be a better deal. hmmm or maybe i have a distorted view of living in an apartment. how much does it cost you to live in your appartment say in 6 months? the dorms cost 5500 roughly for 1 simsester. is apartment living cheaper?
Old 08-14-2004, 10:57 AM
flow fx
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: some housing advice...

I was paying $300/mo rent, $50 for cable modem, and an extra say, 20-80/mo for electricity and water. had a cell phone instead of home phone, $40.. so roughly we'll say 450/mo total.. You might end up paying a bit more, this was in FL.. just depends on roommates and location.. I had 1 roommate and she owned the place.. 2 bedroom 2 bath, townhouse..

Now keep this in mind, if you don't have to for whatever reason, stay the fuck away from dorms. They're disgusting and shitty, especially ODU's.. You're paying $5500 for a fuckin 10x7 or so room with bunkbeds, and sharing a bathroom with another dorm..
Old 08-14-2004, 11:20 AM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

good points.. and since id be sharing it with somebody id only have to pay for half of the utilities and what not. a 2 bedroom 1 bath would be okay. from just looking at what you listed, id get alot more for alot less by getting an apartment.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:45 PM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

anyone else?
Old 08-31-2004, 12:48 PM
mnchvgs79
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you would prefer to live in a house, ODU is like 10-15 mins away from my house and I have a room for rent.

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...light=roommate

Edit- Uhm I just reread what you wrote, I need someone to move in by Oct 1st, so that may not work.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:59 PM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Apartment > dorms in pretty much every case.
Even at $500 a month total (rent + bills) it's only $3000 in housing per semester in an apartment.

The most important part is making sure you have RESPONSIBLE roommates.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:22 PM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

well its my friend, i know his habits as far as responsibility, maturity, etc. even if the apartment was more expensive, wed be splitting the cost, which makes it even less expensive for the both of us, instead of us both paying 5 grand for dorming.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:24 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

you will be happier, random girls will be more willing... etc...
Old 08-31-2004, 08:30 PM
blah
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Holy shit 'gear', I saw you while I was looking for parking Monday afternoon. I'll honk, wave and give you the finger the next time.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:40 PM
OneFastTaxi

OneFastTaxi has disabled reputation

my rent for a 3 bed 2 bath townhouse is 650 a month plus maybe 100 in electric and water and say 80 for cable/internet. With the 2 roomates...well just divide by 3 and add in your cell phone bill and its def cheaper, plus we can throw a party whenever we want and not worry about RA's or campus police. no brainer...get an apartment with someone you know and trust to pay and not annoy you instead of getting stuck with one that will do just that and you'd have to shell out more cash.

Quick Reply: some housing advice...