Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

7.3Litre Powerstroke Transmission rebuild-who to goto-

Old 01-23-2011, 12:17 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush
Question 7.3Litre Powerstroke Transmission rebuild-who to goto-

I know there are quite a few places who will rebuild transmissions, a few places that have also been listed on here. I want someone who will rebuild the transmission in my 2000 F250 Superduty that knows the common failures and gives a decent warranty. I have found a few places online that sell transmissions refurb'd with 2 year warranties and unlimited mileage. However, I prefer to get it local so I don't have to ship my transmission all around town. Who will you guys recommend to me? I am not looking to go to Twisted because I do not want to spend 3-5k on a trans rebuild. The truck is mainly used for daily driving and will be towing my drift car (I have light mods on my truck as well- Intake/Programmer and 5'' exhaust)

Thanks in Advance.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:29 PM
ferio
Registered member

ferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7.3Litre Powerstroke Transmission rebuild-who to goto-

pm'd
Old 01-23-2011, 01:52 PM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

there is only one guy if you want it done right. BTS .....they are the best and if you never want to deal with it being a problem then go to them. Only drawback is that they are not local. But hands down the BEST http://www.brianstruckshop.com/
Old 01-23-2011, 02:15 PM
iFoam
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

call Jasons big truck repair.

great people. great work. and their shop is in va beach off Dam neck
Old 01-23-2011, 02:30 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Jeb, I have been hearing a lot about BTS in my recent searches.

Caleb, thanks. I will check them out.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:37 PM
RameyBuilt
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt

jasper
Old 01-23-2011, 03:20 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

Jasper wants 2600 my cost for a stock trans. I want a rebuilt one with upgrades. I found a master rebuild kit.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:53 AM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

Originally Posted by SortaFlush
Jasper wants 2600 my cost for a stock trans. I want a rebuilt one with upgrades. I found a master rebuild kit.
I know some info with these trans. Take a look at these guys if you don't want to send it to bts. http://www.transmissioncenter.net/e4od.htm. Scroll down to the 4R100 Super Combo build it yourself Kit. Its the same kit that went into my diesel but I added the mag-hytec trans pan. That pan is 3 or 4 hundred extra dollars but its very nice and helps a lot with temps but you don't have to have it. Its going to be right at 1500 for the kit but its worth every penny. IIRC its good up to 500-600hp and right at 800-900 ft lbs or tq. Are you able to take the trans out yourself? If you are able to take it out yourself you will save a lot of $. Take it to a trans shop of your pick for them to do a bench unit .You will have right at 2-2.5k in a bad ass trans that you shouldn't break. The only more upgrading you could do is change out to billet shafts which will cost you another $1500 but your trans will be the best. That kit I listed is what everyone uses for 4r100 super builds
Old 01-24-2011, 07:43 AM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

Funny you mention that kit, I was doing research last night and that's the kit I am more than likely going to get and yes, I work at a full service shop. I can take it out no problem, I would probably also rebuild it myself but I don't have the time to just sit down and do it all.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:37 AM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

Originally Posted by SortaFlush
Funny you mention that kit, I was doing research last night and that's the kit I am more than likely going to get and yes, I work at a full service shop. I can take it out no problem, I would probably also rebuild it myself but I don't have the time to just sit down and do it all.
Got ya. You will not be disappointed with that kit. And also what tune are you running? They will prob need to bump up the line pressure for that trans once you get it done. I would get a custom tune like I had from jody(dp tuner). tell them what mods you have and they will email it to you. Kind of crazy

Last edited by UrGrlGveMeDkBrn; 01-24-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Quick Reply: 7.3Litre Powerstroke Transmission rebuild-who to goto-