Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Boosting a DOHC ZC

Old 06-01-2006, 08:34 AM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boosting a DOHC ZC

Alright, I am going to be boosting my DOHC ZC here shortly. I'm not buying an out of the box kit, I am going junkyard setup route. I already have a DSM 1g BOV, Probe turbo, HF mani. That stuff is ready to go. I'm not exactly sure on what ALL else I need besides:

Oil lines (but what kind and ect)
Intercooler
Chargepipes
Downpipe
Boost guage

But singe the HF mani is a N/a manifold, it doesn't have a wastegate, so how do i Control boost pressure? Also, what is the best way to tap the oil pan...? Any info I can use will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Nigerian Hair
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Boosting a DOHC ZC

Originally Posted by DOHC crx VTEC
Alright, I am going to be boosting my DOHC ZC here shortly. I'm not buying an out of the box kit, I am going junkyard setup route. I already have a DSM 1g BOV, Probe turbo, HF mani. That stuff is ready to go. I'm not exactly sure on what ALL else I need besides:

Oil lines (but what kind and ect)
Intercooler
Chargepipes
Downpipe
Boost guage

But singe the HF mani is a N/a manifold, it doesn't have a wastegate, so how do i Control boost pressure? Also, what is the best way to tap the oil pan...? Any info I can use will be appreciated. Thanks!
you either have to find an internally gated Manifold,or get a manifold with an external wastegate. Id go with an Ext. Tial wastegate...i dont trust anything else.

You are going to need fuel management...atleast 440cc injectors..otherwise it will lean out and detonate. Motor gone. i only used 440cc injectors on my turbo integra..no 255 fuel pump..and it ran fine for 7 months..but if you want to do it the right way..get some DSM injectors,and a Aftermarket fuel pump.

You are also going to need tuning..i take it you wont be able to afford a EMS,so if i were you..id go to Phearable.net. They have chips,and programs up there for your car..all you have to do is email the guy,and tell him what kind of car you have,what kind of setup,what kind of motor..turbo,etc. All the details..and tell him what you are looking to,and what kind of power you are trying to put down...and you can either order just a chip...or a Whole ecu. But if you just order a chip..you have to have your ecu socketed.

you are gonna need an A/F gauge as well..not a cheap autometer one..but if thats all you can afford..then go for it.

also..you will need Vaccuum lines,etc.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Nigerian Hair
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

as far as oil lines go...you have to match them with the size of how big the feed line is. you have to look at your oil pressure sending unit (on the back of your block,by the oil filter)..see how big that is...so you can know what size you need.

then look at the drain hole on the turbo..to find out what size drain line you will need.

Ohh yea,dont forget. you gotta tap your oil pan...good luck in not getting it to leak. make sure you tap it in the right spot or you will have oil problems.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:55 AM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

Thanks man. BTW, Whats your name..? Any one on here wanna make some money trying to help?.... I will have an FMU too if that helps?
Old 06-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Nigerian Hair
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Thanks man. BTW, Whats your name..? Any one on here wanna make some money trying to help?.... I will have an FMU too if that helps?
chris.

where do you live? i did the whole setup on my integra just by trial and error,and nothing went wrong. so im pretty sure i can do this one.

FMU will help.

OHH i almost forgot..i think your car already has one..but in case it doesnt..you WILL NEED a resistor box for those injectors.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:59 AM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

Originally Posted by BoostLag
chris.

where do you live? i did the whole setup on my integra just by trial and error,and nothing went wrong. so im pretty sure i can do this one.

FMU will help.

OHH i almost forgot..i think your car already has one..but in case it doesnt..you WILL NEED a resistor box for those injectors.
Yeah, It has the First Gen Integra Twinkie Resistor box. Do you know where the best buy on independence is..? How exactly do you hook an FMU up? I'm kinda new to this whole turbo thing. How much would you charge to help me out..?
Old 06-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Nigerian Hair
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Yeah, It has the First Gen Integra Twinkie Resistor box. Do you know where the best buy on independence is..? How exactly do you hook an FMU up? I'm kinda new to this whole turbo thing. How much would you charge to help me out..?
ill pm you,since im cluttering your thread.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:02 AM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

Originally Posted by BoostLag
ill pm you,since im cluttering your thread.
HA

HA

HA

That was just my for sale thread
Old 06-01-2006, 01:32 PM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

Ah close thread, flakers can kiss my sack.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:27 PM
SlowLS
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

dihc zc's suck. You will get alot more if you sold the motor and bought a sohc vtec motor and boosted that. just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Boosting a DOHC ZC