Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Best place to look for renting House/Townhouse and other various questions

Old 09-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Best place to look for renting House/Townhouse and other various questions

Basically, two of my friends and I are looking to move out into either a townhouse or a house(renting) this january. We had already decided where we wanted to stay at, but there's 3 spots that would be in front of us on the list, and they weren't sure as to when we'd actually be able to move in, so that's a negative on that place now.

ideally, we'd like to rent a house (~1200-1400 per month) that's 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom and decent size and in a good area on the peninsula. If not a house, a townhouse would be fine as well.

I've picked up an apartment guide book and have looked through that for 3 bedroom townhouses, and i've browsed the newspaper a few times, but i have a few questions.

What are you some good sites/ways/etc to go about finding a house to rent? With that apartment guide book for all the cities around us, finding a townhouse won't be a problem, but it's finding a house that's "foreign" to all three of us. Any tips on where to go or where to look or any of that would be great.

Also, when someone puts an ad out there that says the house is up for rent, are they looking to have someone move into it asap or are they looking to have someone sign up several months in advance? Reason I ask is because it's september now, and the earliest we'd be moving in would be late december if possible, or january.

If my questions weren't clear, or you didn't understand them, just say something and i'll try to reword it. Thanks for the help, advice, etc for finding a place and renting it.

*i know buying>renting, i'm not here for financial advice, just for help renting so if you could keep the comments geared in that direction, it'd be great, thanks*
Old 09-20-2007, 12:13 PM
QwanSanchez
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Best place to look for renting House/Townhouse and other various questions

you should be able to get a decent town house for the $. I live in Fairfax(aka expensive) and I rented a 3 bedroom 2 full bath for 1700$/month and am currently in a 4 bedroom 3 1/2 bath for 2100/month. Just stay out of most of Hampton and Newport News. Check Kiln Creek area my grandmother just got a 2 bedroom 2 bath for 1200 and its nice as shit.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:18 PM
nismo

nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo nismo
Default Re: Best place to look for renting House/Townhouse and other various questions

jimmy, theres a bunch of nice apartment complex's in Hampton that are leasing 3 bedrooms apartments.

Check out "The Signiture Place" in colosieum.

i think they have 3 bedroom apartments there for like 1200 a month.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:20 PM
CavemanRacing
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

I found my house in the Daily Press. 3bd 2b, $1100 plus utilities, detached 1.5 garage. About 1300sq ft. On peninsula, in between foxhill and langley.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:26 PM
QwanSanchez
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by nismo
ok, i dont think he wants to live in the ghetto

IMO.

you can get fucking apartments bigger than 1300 sq ft.
Actually I grew up in that area (Willow Oaks off of Foxhill) and the Foxhill, Willow Oaks, Langley area isnt too bad....yet. Its when you start to get closer to areas such as South King Street, Rip Rap, and Cherry Acres that your hit the slums. Give it about another 3-5 yrs though and it will all probly be shit excepts the back end of Fox hill were all the KKK people stay they only let people the deem fit to live there and they have no problem letting you know that.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:27 PM
ritz
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

craigslist
Old 09-20-2007, 12:32 PM
blah
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Try www.rent.com
Old 09-20-2007, 12:39 PM
wpowe008
Registered Member

wpowe008 has disabled reputation

there is an apartment book at all of the universities, as well as grocery stores and things like that.

the website for the book is www.apartmentguide.com

hope that's a good place to start.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:39 PM
dave22
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Drive around in the neighborhoods you'd like to live in and look for signs. Then call the numbers on the signs. You can do that shit all day long.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:40 PM
QwanSanchez
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by dave22
Drive around in the neighborhoods you'd like to live in and look for signs. Then call the numbers on the signs. You can do that shit all day long.
If I remember correctly he doesnt have a licencse so tha would be difficult.

Quick Reply: Best place to look for renting House/Townhouse and other various questions