Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I need some advice on TURBO parts... HELP A GIRL OUT!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 05:46 AM
SBB_GF
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SBB_GF has disabled reputation
Default I need some advice on TURBO parts... HELP A GIRL OUT!!!

So Sunday is Fathers Day... and my boyfriend put off his turbo project to plan for a new baby, well we have the new baby, and he still hasnt finished his turbo project. We have a wastegate, manifold, turbo, and the intercooler. What else does he need? I know we need injectors, and a new fuel rail? I would also like to get him a shorter intercooler... as I bought one that is a little too tall to fit nicely behind the bumper (I'd trade the new one if someone needed it)... if anyone has any advice on what I can get him, to help motivate him to finish this project, or if you have any parts that need to go... please let me know BEFORE Saturday!!! Thanks!!

T
Old 06-09-2008, 06:09 AM
bigchalk

bigchalk has disabled reputation
Default Re: I need some advice on TURBO parts... HELP A GIRL OUT!!!

I wish you the best of luck. Its awsome you are goign otu of your way to help him out with his project. Much respect
Guy
Old 06-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Twenty5psi
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

You are a GREAT woman! Keep that up! I'd suggest going with a Garrett turbo and to steer clear from the chinabay junk. What vehicle is this for? Any idea on the size?
Old 06-09-2008, 06:47 AM
vxcoastie
Registered Member

vxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to all

manifold, turbo, downpipe, better exhaust, intercooler piping, Blow-off valve, injectors, some type of fuel management, gauges (oil pressure/boost gauge), oil feed/return lines, tapped oil pan, vacuum t's, vacuum lines for wastegate/blow-off valve, and miscellaneous gaskets for turbo kit. I think you need these at a minimum. There are lots more to consider if he wants to go faster but this is just to get the turbo in and running. I am sure I am missing more but, sorry if I did leave out something. I think I got the basics.

Aside from these parts, make sure the engine is up to par and has no problems before he boosts his car. BTW, what kinda car does he have?
Old 06-09-2008, 06:52 AM
vxcoastie
Registered Member

vxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to allvxcoastie is a name known to all

I am on my 3rd turbo project right now so I can share some experiences I had.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:00 AM
Twenty5psi
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

I'd probably stick to the larger items as you can run out and grab most gaskets, fittings, and other misc items anywhere. Also, this will less complicate the situation as you're not buying a thousand little things that may not even fit. I'd let him run around, as the time comes, to get those smaller things. I'd stick with a turbo for now, and if you wanted to brave it out, a fuel management system. It's kind of hard to suggest what you should buy without knowing the primary use for the vehicle and what size motor/ vehicle this will be for.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Twenty5psi
Registered member

So, what vehicle is this for?
Old 06-09-2008, 08:10 AM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

MP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these parts

whats your budget?
Old 06-09-2008, 08:47 AM
zappas
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

goto the link in the sig.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:47 PM
blah
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by Twenty5psi
So, what vehicle is this for?
+1

Quick Reply: I need some advice on TURBO parts... HELP A GIRL OUT!!!