Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

*RANT* - Dumb Shizz Honda kids do

Old 09-17-2009, 08:49 AM
joenationwide
makes cars dance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joenationwide has disabled reputation
Default *RANT* - Dumb Shizz Honda kids do

So...... I've been looking at possibly trading my EG hatch for something different, and I started to see what cars are out there for sale.

But everytime I see a car I like, it always has one of the following mods done to it:

PS Deleted
AC Deleted
Cat Gutted
Stage III clutch

Seriously, if you are someone who has ON PURPOSE done this to your car, why? Lets go through each of these mods one at a time, so you can understand why they are the dumbest things you can do to your car (mechanically at least).

PS Delete - why would you remove your PS? To save maybe 3lbs? What a waste! Seriously guys, PS makes life a lot easier. Why the hell you want to struggle to get in/out of that parking space? Don't tell me its because you have better feel either. Thats retarded.

AC Delete - How do you like dealing with hot ass days in the summer? Even getting rid of the fog in the winter, you need the AC. Ever notice why your Civic has such sh!tty visibility in the winter because it gets all fogged up? Seriously, Michael Schumacher, if you are that much faster by losing 20lbs of AC on your street car, why aren't you racing professionally?

Gutted cat - if I have to buy another car and replace the cat on it again, I'm going to kill somebody. You don't get any NA power by gutting the cat. All you get is a potentially louder exhaust, you kill your downstream 02 sensor (OBDII cars), and you make problems for someone who buys your car that has to pass emissions. Now I know that is going to hurt some feelings on here, but give me ONE GOOD REASON why gutting the cat is a good idea?

Stage III clutch - If you installed a Stage III clutch, you either had grandiose dreams of serious FWD hp #s (which in itself is stupid...over 300whp in a FWD is only good for straight line), or you are just one of those people who wants to brag about how your clutch can hold 400lbs of torque. Well, thats great, but when you are only pushing 160whp max, it sure makes for a shitty commuter, huh? I can't stand overly stiff clutches in a street car when there is NO GOOD REASON for it! Again, chalk it up to stupid ricer mistakes, but stop doing it! For chrissake!

Ok guys? I'm sorry about being so heated about this, but I just can't stand the lack of common sense. Its crap like this that ruin the hobby. Either people get sick of their cars because it is just too extreme for DDing so they make the inevitable "getting out of the game" thread, or they just do these things for no good reason, because thats what race cars do. Sure everyone wants to feel like they have a race car, or at least have race car parts, but don't be stupid about it. You want a fast street car, NOT A RACE CAR! Go watch Best Motoring and listen to the tuners say "its not about gutting the car and using race parts, its about doing the right mods for it to perform on the street".

Seriously, think to yourself...."how much money have I wasted on BS intakes, or exhausts, just to not get any power mods?" Why did I remove my Cruise Control? Now long trips suck ass because my foot falls asleep.

*EDIT*

Wow, I just reread my post. Pretty uncalled for. I went back and edited some of it because it was just too much. I left the rest for why, idk.

Ok, ok. Sorry for stirring up so much crap.

It was uncalled for to rant about those things.

What might be right for me, might not be right for some - (Diff'rent Strokes)

I can see why everyone got upset, so I don't blame anyone for flaming my post.

Hate to come off as such an ass (which I did, especially with all the foul language), so I deserve all the neg. comments. Its not cool to come on a forum and just rip on things people do. Just cuz I'm not into it doesn't mean others aren't.

Anyway, just letting everyone know, we all have our reasons for doing what we do to our cars, so its not my place to criticize.

- joe

Last edited by joenationwide; 09-18-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:52 AM
ryanherington
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Re: *RANT* - Dumb Shizz Honda kids do

Hey, bro, shut the fuck up. It's not your car.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Vanilla Face
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

-rep
Old 09-17-2009, 08:53 AM
phyber
Reef tank addict

phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber

<3
Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Fried_Chicken
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken

in before the trolls get this moved to SPO
Old 09-17-2009, 08:58 AM
joenationwide
makes cars dance

joenationwide has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ryanherington
Hey, bro, shut the fuck up. It's not your car.
well just tell me why you think these mods are a good idea?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:59 AM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joenationwide
well just tell me why you think these mods are a good idea?
The real question is, why u foamin?
Old 09-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Kim Jong Illin'
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by joenationwide

All my love,

joenationwide
Old 09-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Kris.Is.Foamin
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Are you fucking serious?

PS is for bitches. Hell, my car came with a manual rack, I'd NEVER even think about adding PS.

AC? OLO are you fucking 600 pounds?

Stage 3 clutch? What happen, you got a twig leg?

This will end badly fgt

Edit: come on out to an autocross around here if you're such an awesome driver. I'll show you why a stage eleven clutch and no power steering is awesome.

Last edited by Kris.Is.Foamin; 09-17-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:04 AM
JROW
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Once the b.s. bro

Quick Reply: *RANT* - Dumb Shizz Honda kids do