Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

radford area people

Old 10-19-2009, 04:27 PM
TransAmWS6
Drives a Mustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6
Default radford area people

my sister is in radford and needs somewhere to take her car, '02 v6 mustang, to get it checked out because the check engine light came on. she has taken it to a stealership in christiansburg before but would really like to avoid going all the way up there. are there any reliable ford mechanics in radford? i did some googling but who knows who is writing online reviews. thanks.

Last edited by TransAmWS6; 10-19-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:32 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: radford area people

Has she taken it to an Advance/Auto Zone to get the codes read yet?May be something simple,and either way it's nice to know what you're dealing with before you take it somewhere,just to make sure you don't get jerked around.

Chris
Old 10-19-2009, 04:55 PM
TransAmWS6
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

i always forget that places like that do code scanning. good call. ill tell her to do that, figure out what it is, and go from there. thanks.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:56 PM
StarCityKid
Registered Member

StarCityKid has disabled reputation

Greg at universuty bp is very honest.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:00 PM
specialblend154
1/2 man 1/2 amazing

specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154

Originally Posted by StarCityKid
Greg at universuty bp is very honest.
my buddy bought an integra with a rebuilt motor by university bp. it burned a quart of oil per week.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:33 AM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by specialblend154
my buddy bought an integra with a rebuilt motor by university bp. it burned a quart of oil per week.
First off,I'm in no way backing University BP.I've never even heard of 'em,so they may be very well be the biggest hacks in the world.....That being said.

It seems everybody has a bad "my buddy" story about a shop(hell,there are some about me too).Did he buy the car directly from University,with no mileage on the rebuilt engine,or did he buy it from somebody who had University rebuild it?There are lots of details that may have been left out,like that the car was driven like a madman from the moment it was rebuilt/it was never actually rebuilt at all/it was rebuilt......80k miles ago/etc....
All I'm saying is that it may not be the shop's fault.Were they ever given the chance to fix the problem,if it was their fault?

Either way,there are plenty of shops that I'd trust to fix a simple CEL related issue,but I'd never have rebuild an engine.Anybody smart enough to stay in business should be able to do that.

Chris
Old 10-20-2009, 03:39 AM
specialblend154
1/2 man 1/2 amazing

specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154

just to clarify:

he purchased the car from university bp. University bp did all the work on the car to rebuild the motor. the car was having issues 1 week into its purchase.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:42 PM
StarCityKid
Registered Member

StarCityKid has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by specialblend154
just to clarify:

he purchased the car from university bp. University bp did all the work on the car to rebuild the motor. the car was having issues 1 week into its purchase.
I can tell you right now university bp does not build or rebuild engines. They may swap in motors and replace a head gasket or two. Imo...if you want an engine rebuilt...take it to an engine builder...if you want your transmission rebuilt take it to a transmission shop...if you need to get oil changed,tires mounted, balanced, or any other routine maintence....greg will do you good on that at university. I have nothing to gain by vouching for them...I just know from experience that he has done me good.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:15 PM
OverEasy
Suzuki Fanboi

OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy OverEasy

University BP has helped my ass out a few good times to. When I lived there for 5 years they did my work w/ no problems. I have no complaints.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:14 AM
sidewaysfox
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

UNI BP fucked my buddy on a tow/storage bill years ago. Not like that means all that much though...

Quick Reply: radford area people