Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

College Nights At American Indoor Karting

Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 AM
AIK
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AIK has disabled reputation
Default College Nights At American Indoor Karting

While we still do not have VA-Driven only specials, we do have some opportunities for some great discounts. Every Wednesday at the track is College and Ladies night, with great deals for both groups. In addition to the special rates, Wednesday are also 10 Minute Races!

Details: College Night
Beginning at 5pm on Wednesdays and last until we close at 9pm.
Open to any active AIK member who has a current Photo College ID Card

The Deal:
$13 per race with proper ID, all races purchased must be used the same day

Details: Ladies Night
Also beginning at 5pm and lasting until close
Open to all active AIK female Members

The Deal:
$10 per race for all women

The specials are going on EVERY wednesday.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:56 AM
CarsRFun
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun
Default Re: College Nights At American Indoor Karting

So pretty much an adult male professional out of college that can pay to come often gets shafted....

just saying..
Old 01-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Carter
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

everyone's gotta be mad about something. If you can't afford to race, then don't go. The man's just trying to help college kids. If you weren't smart enough to keep your college ID (I know mine doesn't have an expiration date), then sorry for your luck.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:18 AM
CarsRFun
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

Originally Posted by Carter
everyone's gotta be mad about something. If you can't afford to race, then don't go. The man's just trying to help college kids. If you weren't smart enough to keep your college ID (I know mine doesn't have an expiration date), then sorry for your luck.
Im not mad.. I just think its bad business... at 18bucks an 8min race id think your target return customer would be someone that actually can be a regular... if giving a price break to "college kids" and people with vagina's is in the business plan but.. not trying to promote some kind of reward system for the folks on the CAR FORUM then maybe a reevaluation would be a good idea... I can afford to go as much as I want but I also want my business to be appreciated.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Chris G.
STi Round I

Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G. Chris G.

Hangar 09 is sounding better and better.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Hybrid AWD
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
Im not mad.. I just think its bad business... at 18bucks an 8min race id think your target return customer would be someone that actually can be a regular... if giving a price break to "college kids" and people with vagina's is in the business plan but.. not trying to promote some kind of reward system for the folks on the CAR FORUM then maybe a reevaluation would be a good idea... I can afford to go as much as I want but I also want my business to be appreciated.

Maybe give your advice as to what you'd like to see done then. Personally, I went to AIK VB for the first time just the other day. I thoroughly enjoyed it but I too felt as though there was no real incentive for me to return other than the "$4 off" for being a member.

I think if AIK did a program where it's buy 3 race 1 free would still be profitable. Of course, that is assuming there is enough margin to make a profit off allowing someone to race a 8 minute race for "free".

I also asked about a monthly rate/fee or yearly pass but that wasn't available. I don't think too many people would buy a yearly plan, or maybe even a monthly, but some sort of incentive to bring customers out would help. I know when I was there the other night, it was dead.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Hybrid AWD
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by Chris G.
Hangar 09 is sounding better and better.
Minus the fact it will never open. Each time that place is called it's the same response "we'll be open in a few days"..... a month later from the first call.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:36 AM
CarsRFun
Im here for the beer

I actually did give a list of suggestions when AIK made the thread about opening in VB asking for ideas.. I suggested a punch card system like TS Cafe or doing a rental night a lot like you would if you rented a track such as VMP all prepaid so they would be at no loss if people flaked..

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Maybe give your advice as to what you'd like to see done then. Personally, I went to AIK VB for the first time just the other day. I thoroughly enjoyed it but I too felt as though there was no real incentive for me to return other than the "$4 off" for being a member.

I think if AIK did a program where it's buy 3 race 1 free would still be profitable. Of course, that is assuming there is enough margin to make a profit off allowing someone to race a 8 minute race for "free".

I also asked about a monthly rate/fee or yearly pass but that wasn't available. I don't think too many people would buy a yearly plan, or maybe even a monthly, but some sort of incentive to bring customers out would help. I know when I was there the other night, it was dead.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 AM
MustangCRZY302
12 Seconds, FINALLY

MustangCRZY302 has a spectacular aura aboutMustangCRZY302 has a spectacular aura aboutMustangCRZY302 has a spectacular aura about

I went last friday night to the VB one and 1. it was a blast, 2. crowded as hell, 3. I'd go there again in a heartbeat.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Broke Neck
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Minus the fact it will never open. Each time that place is called it's the same response "we'll be open in a few days"..... a month later from the first call.

Without thread jacking to much .... Sat is their grand opening. Look for a few group events to pop up VERY shortly.

Quick Reply: College Nights At American Indoor Karting