Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

i need help with streched tire size

Old 11-24-2010, 12:34 PM
ForcedFedTeg
loved by all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts
Default i need help with streched tire size

ok so i got a set of work VS-XX's 18"x10" and had 215/35/18's on them. They ended up popping off because the bead wasnt even seated. Im trying to go for a different look and dont know what size tire to go with. I dont know if i should increase the size of the sidewall or increase the width.

heres some pics of how it looked with the tires.

this is more what im going for.

thanks

Last edited by ForcedFedTeg; 11-24-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:45 PM
CarsRFun
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun
Default Re: i need help with streched tire size

prob a 255-265 id think but im no pro at all.. i generally try to fit the widest tire on the rim I can not the other way around..
Old 11-24-2010, 01:32 PM
ForcedFedTeg
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

That won't fit in my wheel well and would Make my car look like shit. I'm not going for surface area or traction. I'm going for hella flush joints. And if I didn't mention it and u couldn't tell. My car is on bags so I want the fender edge to be sitting on the tire right about where the tread starts or right before.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Spectacular-V
Ivan=blown up ms6 x3

Spectacular-V has disabled reputation

i would say something like a 225-45 but you can always go here http://www.tyrestretch.com/index.php and try to find what youre looking for, the site helps a lot.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:10 PM
TongWoo
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Go with a 235 35
Old 11-24-2010, 03:23 PM
ForcedFedTeg
loved by all

Originally Posted by Spectacular-V
i would say something like a 225-45 but you can always go here http://www.tyrestretch.com/index.php and try to find what youre looking for, the site helps a lot.
wow that site is perfect, i wish they had more examples for the sizes im intrested in tho but hell its still a pretty damn good referance.

thanks man.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:25 PM
ForcedFedTeg
loved by all

Originally Posted by TongWoo
Go with a 235 35
no one on that site has tried that setup yet and there is probably a reason for that. lol

edit

ok ok ok. im pretty sure this is the same car as mine with a 225/40/18 and it sits pretty nice...but...i forgot to mention that i have a 5mm spacer on so the wheel clears my caliper so i dont think itll sit exactly how i want it.

Last edited by ForcedFedTeg; 11-24-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:58 PM
TongWoo
BATTLESTAGS

TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo TongWoo

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
no one on that site has tried that setup yet and there is probably a reason for that. lol

edit

ok ok ok. im pretty sure this is the same car as mine with a 225/40/18 and it sits pretty nice...but...i forgot to mention that i have a 5mm spacer on so the wheel clears my caliper so i dont think itll sit exactly how i want it.

I'm used to 240sx offsets, so I'm sure I'm off for the vw stuff a bit, but... I'n my experience a 40 series can get pretty bobo looking on an 18. It looks like the 225 would do well, but I wouldn't go any wider in a 40 series. I was just going by the pic you wanted it to look like eventually as far as the tire to lip fit and stretch. BTW I am dumb in love with Work vs-xx so please post more pics as you get it setup. It's gonna be sick
Old 11-24-2010, 04:06 PM
ForcedFedTeg
loved by all

i think ive decided on falken FK-452's 115/40/18 its not going to look anything like the pic i posted but i think it will look good. hopefully it'll look just about the same as before except the bead will seat better because of the larger sidewalls. but yeah, hopefully since its the same width tire they will sit fairly close to where they were on the fender.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:24 PM
slotoyo
low&slow

slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo slotoyo

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
i think ive decided on falken FK-452's 215/40/18 its not going to look anything like the pic i posted but i think it will look good. hopefully it'll look just about the same as before except the bead will seat better because of the larger sidewalls. but yeah, hopefully since its the same width tire they will sit fairly close to where they were on the fender.
i was gonna say if you want somthing like that xb run something like a 215/45/18

(its a 17 but still the tire set-up looks similar)

something less agressive would mean running a 215/50

and if the falken fk-452's are like the 512 i used to have then they should stretch nice.

Quick Reply: i need help with streched tire size