Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

wire harness questions

Old 01-17-2011, 01:50 PM
mugen_power
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power
Default wire harness questions

i have so questions about a harness i got a in a trade to go with a gsr swap. i was wonder if anyone with some knowlage can help me out and anwser some questions for me.

fist the car came with 8 injector clips. i figured that it was wired up for dsm injectors. can anyone confirm this? the one on the left is for a dsm injector and the one on the right is a obd2 honda injector.

now here is where im confused. i have these 2 plugs that are capped off and i have no clue what thier for. They look like they go together. My first thought is that they are for a resistor box to be pluged in between. But i honestly have no clue. The wire that are pinned into them run through the harness. Can someone please tell me the purpose of the plugs and if i need these plugs and wires that go into them???with caps:

without caps:
Old 01-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: wire harness questions

So the harness came with enough plugs for 8 injectors?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:22 AM
mugen_power
Registered Member

mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power mugen_power

yep
Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

And you're sure that a harness with 8 injector plugs is a GSR harness...?
Old 01-19-2011, 02:32 PM
mugen_power
Registered Member

what??? the harness has 4 aftermarket (dsm) injector clips and 4 honda clips. the dsm clips were wired into the honda ones so they were getting the same pulse...ect.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Oh, I see. That wasn't especially obvious from what you had originally said.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Originally Posted by mugen_power
The cap that goes into that connector (the cap should be the one on the left) connects the pins together electrically. If you look at the picture, 7 pins are connected together, and the other 7 pins are connected together. That type of setup is used to distribute power and ground together, and if I remember correctly that is the plug that has the injectors and the injector power on it. You can make/buy a harness that adapts a resistor box to that 14 pin plug (and replaces that cap) if you need to use a resistor box for the injectors.

I don't know what the other (blue) 14 pin plug is for. I don't know if all the harnesses have that blue plug on it, but it's been a long time since I've done this stuff.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Jenkinsal2
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

the large capped plugs could possibly be from a consolidated ground bundle. They may have chosen to simply splice the DSM injectors into the harness instead of removing the honda ones to make injector swapping easier?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Originally Posted by Jenkinsal2
They may have chosen to simply splice the DSM injectors into the harness instead of removing the honda ones to make injector swapping easier?
Most likely. There are some much better ways of doing that, including getting adapter pigtails.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:48 PM
C16EFSedan
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation

The car will not start without the caps plugged in. When you dont run a resistor box you tie all your grounds to a common point. When you run a resitor box then it would plug into that end and you would remove the cap and it would resist the voltage to ground (hence the name).

Quick Reply: wire harness questions