Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Someone's trying to rain on our parade!

Old 03-16-2004, 01:53 PM
BillMW
go topless.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BillMW has disabled reputation
Default Someone's trying to rain on our parade!

I found out that the association for my neighborhood is holding a meeting tonight to dicuss the parking situation here. This is mainly due to the guy with a stick up his ass calling the cops the other night. He's trying to persuade everyone to not allow parking on either side of the street and make everyone get parking stickers for all of their vehicles. And, if residents have guests they have to call every visitor's vehicle in to the association for approval otherwise said vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense. Needless to say I will not be attending since I have been trying to defend you guys coming over and I am probably the cause of the majority of this fiasco. I appreciate your respect for the situation and will continue to have guests over until I find out what happens...I'll keep you posted. I wish people had better things to do with their time than drum up stupid shit like this. People see imports and nice cars and think the worst. Whatever...
Old 03-16-2004, 02:07 PM
GodsOther
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Someone's trying to rain on our parade!

Thats pretty lame, I am going to assume you live in VB because of the years I have been in the area they seem notorious for drumming up that kind of stupidity. Thats got to be pretty frustrating, I might be buying a different house in like 4 or 5 months and have NO roomates so maybe it will become party central plus Norfolk isn't bad about that stuff esp since I am in bayview and the neighboorhoods aren't bad but there are some bad ones within 5 mins so the cops have more important things to worry about.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:11 PM
nolongerhere.
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

i hate people who stick their nose in shit that doesn't concern them.
i could see if you guys were causing a problem or being rowdy, but from what i can tell from the threads everything goes down inside the house, not outside.

best of luck with it.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:12 PM
MA-HALF-E
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

I would go to the meeting to add your opinion. I mean, you live there, they're going to be discussing a matter that has an effect on you, give them your side.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:13 PM
BillMW
go topless.

Thanks for the support...we do keep it cool. WTF?
Old 03-16-2004, 02:14 PM
GodsOther
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

I think what topless is getting at is in his area he is more than likely the youngest resident in the neighborhood and therefore it's the civic league (read Geriatric League) that makes the rules, If the fights 10 against 1 I wouldn't show up cause your gonna lose.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:15 PM
BillMW
go topless.

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
I would go to the meeting to add your opinion. I mean, you live there, they're going to be discussing a matter that has an effect on you, give them your side.
I can't debate something unless I believe in what I'm saying. And quite frankly I have pushed the envelope far too many times. For the most part my surrounding neighbors have put up with a lot; I have to count my blessings. Let them duke it out and let the chips fall where they may....
Old 03-16-2004, 02:24 PM
nickyroo
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

id go with a "wha'eva wha'eva i do what i wawnt" and snap your fingers at them.

no seriously though that sucks and you should at least voice your opinion at the meeting. i mean... a bunch of people are holding a meeting to complain about you. the only way youre gonna defeat them is by showing up.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Bandit
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

that sucks bill...hope all works out for the best.

if all else fails, you can give my van a guest pass, and everyone can park at the batcave, and shuttle back n forth...
Old 03-16-2004, 02:40 PM
BillMW
go topless.

Originally Posted by reuter
id go with a "wha'eva wha'eva i do what i wawnt" and snap your fingers at them.

no seriously though that sucks and you should at least voice your opinion at the meeting. i mean... a bunch of people are holding a meeting to complain about you. the only way youre gonna defeat them is by showing up.
They're not necessarily complaining about me specifically....the point of the matter is I don't have a leg to stand on from the past. My presence would only add fuel to the fire....thanks for your opinion, though.

Quick Reply: Someone's trying to rain on our parade!