Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Acura Integra gs-r turns off while driving

Old 04-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Ek9
Speak the truth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9
Default Acura Integra gs-r turns off while driving

Close it was a vacuum line

Last edited by Ek9; 05-18-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:13 AM
83Stang5.0
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0
Default Re: Acura Integra gs-r turns off while driving

Has it always done that? How long have you been running the obd1 sohc ecu?

If the issue just developed, with the warming weather, I'd say it's the ECU trying to do its job, on a motor it wasn't meant for.

Either get a proper P72 or get that P28 chipped and you'll be wayyy better off. Problem solved and motor runs better than ever.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You need to get tuned so that ECU will properly run that engine with that manifold.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Mau5head
-RepLegion

Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head

OP. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU POSTED THIS THREAD AND YOU KNOW YOUR RUNNING IT ON THE WRONG!!!! ECU? YOU'RE TRYING TO RUN A 1.8 VTEC ENGINE ON A 1.6LTR SINGLE CAM ECU. PLEASE DONATE YOUR CAR TO SOMEBODY THATS NOT A COMPLETE TARD....THAT WHOLE ECU THING SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY ON THIS FORUM WOULD DO THAT SHOULDN'T BE ANYWHERE NEAR A ECU.....

GET IT CHIPPED AND TUNED BY A REPUTABLE SHOP.......MATT SHUE IS GREAT GIVE HIM A CALL
Old 04-27-2013, 06:05 AM
Ek9
Speak the truth

Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9 Ek9

Originally Posted by Mau5head
OP. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU POSTED THIS THREAD AND YOU KNOW YOUR RUNNING IT ON THE WRONG!!!! ECU? YOU'RE TRYING TO RUN A 1.8 VTEC ENGINE ON A 1.6LTR SINGLE CAM ECU. PLEASE DONATE YOUR CAR TO SOMEBODY THATS NOT A COMPLETE TARD....THAT WHOLE ECU THING SOUNDS LIKE SOMEBODY ON THIS FORUM WOULD DO THAT SHOULDN'T BE ANYWHERE NEAR A ECU.....

GET IT CHIPPED AND TUNED BY A REPUTABLE SHOP.......MATT SHUE IS GREAT GIVE HIM A CALL
I didn't think it was the ecu, since it drove fine when i had the gsr in my crx. I used the same ecu i'm using now. But thanks for the help i will try another ecu.

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
Has it always done that? How long have you been running the obd1 sohc ecu?

If the issue just developed, with the warming weather, I'd say it's the ECU trying to do its job, on a motor it wasn't meant for.

Either get a proper P72 or get that P28 chipped and you'll be wayyy better off. Problem solved and motor runs better than ever.
it has always done it with the motor in the integra, but it ran fine when it was in my crx
Old 04-27-2013, 06:29 AM
burnoutboy
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Fuck, it's done for. You should scrap the car and sell me your GSR transmission.

Or do a valve adjustment and report back.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 AM
sixcyl?
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?
Default Acura Integra gs-r turns off while driving

Steps to correcting this problem:
1: use the right ecu
2:check for vacuum leaks or bare spots in wires
3:check timing
4:go from there, you'll probably figure the problem out between steps 1-3.(it's always something small)
Old 04-27-2013, 06:56 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Ek9
I didn't think it was the ecu, since it drove fine when i had the gsr in my crx. I used the same ecu i'm using now. But thanks for the help i will try another ecu.

it has always done it with the motor in the integra, but it ran fine when it was in my crx
So you had the same Skunk2 manifold in the CRX?

You're trying to run a GSR engine with a Skunk2 manifold using an ECU that's tuned for a single cam VTEC 1.6L...... No, it's not going to run properly.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:45 PM

Karma is infamous around these partsKarma is infamous around these partsKarma is infamous around these partsKarma is infamous around these partsKarma is infamous around these partsKarma is infamous around these partsKarma is infamous around these partsKarma is infamous around these partsKarma is infamous around these partsKarma is infamous around these partsKarma is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So you had the same Skunk2 manifold in the CRX?

You're trying to run a GSR engine with a Skunk2 manifold using an ECU that's tuned for a single cam VTEC 1.6L...... No, it's not going to run properly.
It wouldn't cause the car to shut off it should run that ecu just not to its full potential...OP run through the steps sixcyl? listed seems that could be the issue your having.

Does the car idle while cold?
Old 04-27-2013, 05:59 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Originally Posted by Karma
It wouldn't cause the car to shut off it should run that ecu just not to its full potential..
It does run, it just can't maintain idle properly and shuts off. Yes, it does idle when cold. It only happens when it's been driven for 15 min, read the first post.

Quick Reply: Acura Integra gs-r turns off while driving