Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

CV Boots

Old 09-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Af1AcurA
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Af1AcurA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CV Boots

Changing my oil the other day I noticed one of my CV boots had a hole in it and all the grease got spun out of it. Is there any good shops around here to fix this or do I need to go to the dealership?
Old 09-28-2004, 02:42 PM
NIC668
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668
Default Re: CV Boots

Originally Posted by Af1AcurA
Changing my oil the other day I noticed one of my CV boots had a hole in it and all the grease got spun out of it. Is there any good shops around here to fix this or do I need to go to the dealership?
Mobil 1 499-8777
Old 09-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Its kinda tough to tell you what to do when you deglected to put the year of car you drive in your profile. If its a new car, I'd take it back to the dealership. If its older, I'd do it yourself. I've put several CV joints in cars and they can be a bitch to do, but definately worth it over the cost of having a pro do it.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Af1AcurA
Registered Member

2002 rsx, not sure if my warranty is still covering this cause I put springs/shocks in.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:50 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Af1AcurA
2002 rsx, not sure if my warranty is still covering this cause I put springs/shocks in.
You should be okay..... by law, the dealership has to honor your warranty and can only not do so if they can PROVE that the shocks and springs were a direct link to the failure of the CV boot. See what they say, its worth a shot. If that doesn't work, definately do it yourself. The parts will probably be a couple 100 bucks, but labor would be that much again if you pay someone to do it.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:56 PM
Af1AcurA
Registered Member

Thanks
Old 09-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

hope that helps.... see if you can find someone to help you with the CV joints if you don't know how to do it yourself.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:09 PM
ThsPoq
Thig Digged

ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq ThsPoq

CV joint is a slack job, no worries.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Veritas
MLB! Lets GO!

Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas Veritas

what kinda springs/shocks you put up there? they may warrenty it...if not, pm me and i'll get ya a deal.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Af1AcurA
Registered Member

Well, I got a base RSX and I installed type-S shocks/struts with goldline springs.

Quick Reply: CV Boots