Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Can anyone help?

Old 04-22-2005, 06:58 AM
05celicaGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05celicaGT has disabled reputation
Question Can anyone help?

I just got my new car and I want to find some parts for it to increase the horsepower and torque. Im already sure I want a cold air intake and an exhaust system, and possibly some headers put on my car. The problem is, since my car is is brand new, Im not sure if any of these parts would fit. Considering my engine isnt the biggest and there is not much room in the front of my car, increases my fear of nothing fitting. And my car is automatic, so I wanted a turbo, but I dont want it to destroy my engine. But I need more speed, so does anyone have any suggestions? I really need some help.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:03 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Can anyone help?

nnnnaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwzzzzzzz
Old 04-22-2005, 07:16 AM
blah
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Sorry man, but you're not gonna really make any good power out of that engine unless you unload retarded amounts of money into it.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:21 AM
BLUE ICE
whats hood?

BLUE ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

kinda like your car?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SNAP SON!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 07:38 AM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Honestly, if you wanted to make a fast car, I wouldn't have bought an automatic Celica. Sell it and buy a Mustang or F-body. They can be fast for cheap and still be automatic.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:48 AM
....AJ....
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

You won't see that much gain w/ just an intake an exhaust. Seeing as though you can't just "get rid" of your new car since you just got it, turbo would be your best bet. As long as your car is properly tuned and you don't set the boost pressure too high you shouldn't have any problems. Also, if you're getting a turbo, headers are not needed. You will need a new manifold and an aftermarket downpipe is always a plus. ANYTHING can be fast w/ the right amount of $$$. Now of course there are lots of other things that you will need to upgrade to a boosted car. Depending on how much boost you run, bigger injectors will be needed. But I'm not too familiar with turbo stuff so some of these boost heads in here will be able to answer any questions you have. Good luck modding.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:07 AM
05celicaGT

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Honestly, if you wanted to make a fast car, I wouldn't have bought an automatic Celica. Sell it and buy a Mustang or F-body. They can be fast for cheap and still be automatic.
I cant necessarily sell my car since my mom just spent $25000 on it. I wanted a manual transmission, but since the car was a suprise, I couldnt complain about anything. I just kinda need to deal with what I have. Would anything at all help?
Old 04-22-2005, 08:10 AM
BlackOnBlackGT
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

25k on a celica GT?????? wow, turbo is the only thing that is going to help you right now as stated before, keep it low boost, proper tuning, proper fuel management and you'll be fine
Old 04-22-2005, 08:15 AM
05celicaGT

Originally Posted by Assassin
You won't see that much gain w/ just an intake an exhaust. Seeing as though you can't just "get rid" of your new car since you just got it, turbo would be your best bet. As long as your car is properly tuned and you don't set the boost pressure too high you shouldn't have any problems. Also, if you're getting a turbo, headers are not needed. You will need a new manifold and an aftermarket downpipe is always a plus. ANYTHING can be fast w/ the right amount of $$$. Now of course there are lots of other things that you will need to upgrade to a boosted car. Depending on how much boost you run, bigger injectors will be needed. But I'm not too familiar with turbo stuff so some of these boost heads in here will be able to answer any questions you have. Good luck modding.
Thanks, thats really helpful. So you think I should just turbo? Im not exactly sure where to get anything done, like a shop or something, and once I find that Im not sure about the extra upgradings...The car is $25000 and if I ruin it in anyway Im screwed. But thanks a lot, and if you find anything else out, let me know.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:18 AM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Your just turned 17 and your mommy bought you a 25k car... She isn't the brightest.

If I were you I would work on suspension. Forgot about going fast for now. Learn to drive a car correctly. Get into SCCA and autocross.