Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I've got great news!

Old 05-13-2005, 08:55 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default I've got great news!

I've got great news, folks..

I'm about to save a bunch of money on my car insurance! ..but no, I don't have Geico. I turn 21 in June. Aren't you folks happy for me?

AREN'T YOU????

It's a celebration!
Old 05-13-2005, 08:56 AM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage
Default Re: I've got great news!

Most places don't give you much of a discount anymore when you turn 21, or even 25 for that matter
Old 05-13-2005, 09:05 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by vmspionage
Most places don't give you much of a discount anymore when you turn 21, or even 25 for that matter
I'm with State Farm. They just let me know that my insurance is going to drop approximately $60/month. That adds up to roughly $700 a year, which makes me haaaaaaaaappy!
Old 05-13-2005, 10:11 AM
KnowForever
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I'm with State Farm. They just let me know that my insurance is going to drop approximately $60/month. That adds up to roughly $700 a year, which makes me haaaaaaaaappy!

that's awesome man,, i'm turning 21 in june also,, hope my insurance goes down too.. (but i doubt it will )
Old 05-13-2005, 10:27 AM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Yah my insurance goes up every 6 months and has since I started driving and I have a record as clean as a virgin, incredible credit and I'm 23...

So I’m like WTF every time I get my new statement...
Old 05-13-2005, 10:34 AM
gonzoe00
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by DeadEvoVIII
that's awesome man,, i'm turning 21 in june also,, hope my insurance goes down too.. (but i doubt it will )
You car hire Jesse to guard it You know he needs the gas money.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:42 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
Yah my insurance goes up every 6 months and has since I started driving and I have a record as clean as a virgin, incredible credit and I'm 23...

So I’m like WTF every time I get my new statement...
Who are you with?

...and HOW?
Old 05-13-2005, 05:30 PM
cootees
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Adam, you are lucky. I have state farm and my insurance rate didn't ever drop when I turned 21. Now, that I am 22 it iss supposed to drop this december, odd eh? I can't complain though.. with all of the tickets I have had my insurance has not gone up once since I was 16.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:00 PM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Who are you with?

...and HOW?

I’ve been with nation wide then Progressive now I’ve been with allstate for the last year and a half.

My insurance is good compared to a lot of other srt owner. The car’s danger rating keeps going up... on a 35 point scale some one last said it’s a 32 now...
Old 05-13-2005, 11:51 PM
myclone
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

FWIW.... Prolly being considered one of the "old ppl" on here Ive got something for you younger guys to look forward to...

Your ins will prolly never go down no matter what magic age number you hear about. I patiently waited to hit 25 for it to drop...didnt happen...it went up. I waited until 30 for it to drop...didnt happen...it went up. I waited for it to go down when I bought my house and insured it as well as all my cars...didnt happen it went up. Getting married was supposed to drop my auto rates which it didnt but it did stay the same since my wife carries her own insurance as well as pays for her own vehicles (I get stuck working on them so how the hell did that happen?....thats not the point though).

Anyways, what Im saying is that dont be suprised if your insurance premiums NEVER go down no matter how old you are, how many policies you have, how many wives you have, multi car discounts, multi policy discounts etc. Also dont be suprised when your premium goes up for every 10 points your credit beacon(sp?) score drops, getting any non moving violations (burned out lights, not wearing seat belt, etc), as well as any other excuse to raise your rates whether they are legit in your opinion or not. Im 36, married, have everything I own insured, life insurance, average one ticket every 5-7yrs for 8-10mph over the posted limit, perfect credit with a beacon(sp?) of almost 800, one accident with $250 worth of damage/no injuries over 12yrs ago and my insurance has never ever dropped one penny. It does go up every year like clock work so it doesnt take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion that reaching a certain age, marital status, or whatever and your insurance going down is just about an urban legend.

My .02 FWIW.

Last edited by myclone; 05-14-2005 at 01:57 AM.