Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help

Old 08-30-2003, 04:49 PM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Originally posted by hornetsnest
Are you sure they are rated at lb/hr. Mine are rated by cc.
could be either way, I've seen both. 6 injectors rated at 160lb/hr would be way too much for a 850hp motor anyhow, that's for more like a 2000hp application. although I guess you could always dial down the fuel pressure, but im sure that would run like horse shit
Old 08-30-2003, 04:58 PM
sk8rmike
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

why worry about it. it would cost a nice chunk of change to build a 850 hp 4g63, the guy is almost certainly blowing smoke up dudes ass.
Old 08-30-2003, 05:05 PM
hornetsnest
Registered Member

hornetsnest is an unknown quantity at this point

could be either way, I've seen both. 6 injectors rated at 160lb/hr would be way too much for a 850hp motor anyhow, that's for more like a 2000hp application. although I guess you could always dial down the fuel pressure, but im sure that would run like horse shit
If what you're saying is true, the fp would have to be so low, the injectors would not be spraying efficiantly. The fuel would kind of dribble out. An 850hp talon is more than possible, just ask Buschur Racing, but I'm not sure if they really know what they're doing. Anybody can watch supertunertv, pick up a drag racing catalog, and say I'm gonna do this, this, and that.
Old 08-30-2003, 06:04 PM
sk8rmike
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

yeah no shit it's possible. i doubt it would be very streetable, and it sure as hell wouldnt be cheap.
Old 08-30-2003, 06:13 PM
hornetsnest
Registered Member

hornetsnest is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah no shit it's possible. i doubt it would be very streetable, and it sure as hell wouldnt be cheap.
I know it wouldn't be very streetable. 850+hp would require a very large turbo for a 4G63. One who's usable RPM range would be well above what most people use for daily driving. Not to mention a clutch from hell to be able to put those horses to the wheels.