Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Kaizo Industries anyone heard about them?

Old 05-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Kaizo Industries anyone heard about them?

Interesting... I wonder how much modification has to be done to stay within the laws. FYI Saleen mustangs get new VINs. Ford delivers a complete mutang. The suspension work is done, motor work, and body panels and it gets a new VIN, but of course Saleen is a manufacturer.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Mustangs are already legal for sale in this country, so Saleen isn't dealing with the same issues. Assigning a new VIN to an already manufactured, legal car is different than assigning a new VIN to an already manufactured, non-legal car. A new VIN doesn't make it legal all of a sudden.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 05-13-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Mustangs are already legal for sale in this country, so Saleen isn't dealing with the same issues. Assigning a new VIN to an already manufactured, legal car is different than assigning a new VIN to an already manufactured, non-legal car. A new VIN doesn't make it legal all of a sudden.
You are correct
From what I was told Kaizo previously Nissanie is considered a manufacturor and registered thru nhsta or some federal agency.

All of my cars have been Kaizo and I have never heard anyone having a single issue from them. They have been doing this for like 5 years now.

They are also very open about what they are doing and they have articles about them in edmunds and various primedia publications.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:36 AM
Young L
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

hmm interesting, since you can essentally pick whatever drivetrain you want when you get it I wonder how upset people would be if they saw a blown LSX motor in a skyline or silvia???