Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

So..the Britts are designing better cars lately. Sign of the apocalypse?

Old 07-29-2010, 05:23 AM
Halfrican
I like grape drank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Re: So..the Britts are designing better cars lately. Sign of the apocalypse?

Originally Posted by blackout
land rover needs to focus on building something that will run after 10 years of use.

and who says the rover brand isn't selling? i see those things everywhere. for the money they're asking, i think they're doing just fine.
Our discovery is 13 now....214K miles, everything is still running fine. Small problems like a new water pump and an O2 sensor so far has been the only things replaced.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:32 AM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT
Default Re: So..the Britts are designing better cars lately. Sign of the apocalypse?

Better then an Isuzu Trooper
Old 07-29-2010, 05:37 AM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

what about a land cruiser
Old 07-29-2010, 05:44 AM
blackout
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by DEEEEEEEEEEEERP
remember where they did this thing where they gave loans out to everyone even if they couldn't afford them? kinda skews the numbers
i'm seeing more and more of them with 30 day tags. i swear i've seen 4 this week... new, not used. it would be funny if they were used... but no, they're brand new, idiotic cars all over the place.

i live in columbia, btw. that might be relevant.

Originally Posted by <©>
Our discovery is 13 now....214K miles, everything is still running fine. Small problems like a new water pump and an O2 sensor so far has been the only things replaced.
for every story like this, there are literally hundreds of them detailing mechanically falling apart or comprehensive electrical system failure. i'd say you were most certainly the exception, not the rule.

a buddy of mine bought one, thought he got a great deal- paid $8k about 4 years ago for a ~95 with 80k miles. biggest piece of shit i've ever seen in my life, and for all intents and purposes was very well taken care of... and that's when i was exposed to the land rover clause of 'undiagnosable electrical problems'... where something very important stops working, and no one can figure out why or how to fix it.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Halfrican
I like grape drank

Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican

Originally Posted by blackout

for every story like this, there are literally hundreds of them detailing mechanically falling apart or comprehensive electrical system failure. i'd say you were most certainly the exception, not the rule.

a buddy of mine bought one, thought he got a great deal- paid $8k about 4 years ago for a ~95 with 80k miles. biggest piece of shit i've ever seen in my life, and for all intents and purposes was very well taken care of... and that's when i was exposed to the land rover clause of 'undiagnosable electrical problems'... where something very important stops working, and no one can figure out why or how to fix it.
Yeah, our landrover had this weird thing were the speakers POPPED when you started the car. They re-wired our whole car for 200 bucks, never a problem after that. Guess we caught it before the undiagnosable clause kicked in.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:36 AM
RobertE
Function > Form

RobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to all

I love the rv8 engine, having said that I know a lot of LR owners. I can't say any of them have complained a bout reliability being an issue? They actually say the opposite. Then again these are people who are passionate about their vehicles and keep them in top notch shape. I'm sure any car that's neglected will have issues eventually.

Edit: I'm also referring to land rovers made before.. ~2004. They're all dead to me after that :P