Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

any suggestions on sway bars/strut bars and lower tie bars?

Old 12-17-2003, 01:59 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

Do you all think I would be making a good choice if I was to order the Eibach sway bars?
and does this sound like a decent price for them? http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?...20Bar&vaffid=0

when you were talking about suspension bushings, are these what you are talking about? http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?...20Kit&vaffid=0 or is there a better brand to get?

when the time comes to order, i'll start finding places with cheaper prices, but if you know of any off the top of your head. please let me know. thanks again for the help.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:52 PM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

i have dealt with nopi before. they are horrible!!! their prices used to be rediculous too. there are plenty of other places to go through before you should even remotely think of nopi. of course, that's my opinion.

i forgot about the Eibach stuff. Eibach carries good quality with it's name, although i've never even known anyone with one of their sway bars.

Hey steve, as far as the ST bar being 1/2" off. what do you mean exactly? if you mean fitment, mine bolted up like it was missing from the suspension all along, hehe.

http://www.Coximport.com is a good place, meaning everyone who i've heard use them has been satisfied. they have the rear sway bar, and i believe they are in NC. you can still look for lower prices, but sometimes finding good service is like trying to get a "can i help you" at a mcdonalds.

the bushings i'd recommend are Energy Suspension bushings. http://www.energysuspension.com . i believe these are the ones mike (vbspec) has.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:59 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

thanks for all the good information and help you guys.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:09 AM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

no prob.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:45 AM
vasponger
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

ok i got a question about them, what goes where, i mean there are tie bars, strut bar, upper lower, the ones that is just a bar going across then like neuspeed has like 2 pipes going across?
Old 12-18-2003, 03:19 PM
98sr20ve
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lightningd
Hey steve, as far as the ST bar being 1/2" off. what do you mean exactly? if you mean fitment, mine bolted up like it was missing from the suspension all along, hehe.
One end of the bar sits higher then the other end. This caused the bar to be preloaded in one direction and unloaded in the other. The way to tell is to put your car on a perfectly level surface and loosen the endlinks. Then see if one sits higher then the other. The floor need to be perfectly level (check it with a water level and level it with shims like I have done).
Old 12-18-2003, 07:06 PM
lightningd
co driver

so it's basically made like that, or twisted? man, how did you figure that one out?
Old 12-19-2003, 04:09 AM
98sr20ve
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

so it's basically made like that, or twisted? man, how did you figure that one out?
It's pretty common knowledge in the Nissan SR20 group. You can also lay it on a level floor and see that the ends are not the same height off the ground. I had one given to me to test out and that’s when I actually saw it first hand. Before that I was a little skeptical of how bad it was. You can always shim it even with washers under the endlink bushings. It also binds around the bushings that attach to the frame. Very hard to move the bar when it is not attached to the control arms. I have a Progress bar on my car now (another loaner) and it moves freely when you disconnect the ends from the control arms.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:13 AM
roadRacer
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to make my obligatory comment here.... Best thing to spend your money on is entry fees. For your first year or so of autocrossing that is the most efficient place to spend your money to make your car faster.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:23 AM
roadRacer
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Caroll Smith has a section in one of his books about springs and sway bars that "yeild" (the proper engineers term) with use. basically if that happens they did not make it out of the proper materials or cut corners with the heat treating.

Quick Reply: any suggestions on sway bars/strut bars and lower tie bars?