Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Starter blues

Old 12-18-2010 | 12:15 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike
Default Re: Starter blues

So, I turned the engine over by hand from the p/s pump pulley until there is too much pressure to turn it, still wont turn over.
Old 12-18-2010 | 12:17 PM
burnoutboy
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

See post #11
Old 12-18-2010 | 12:18 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

If your motor has good compression you probably won't be able to turn it over
Old 12-18-2010 | 12:19 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by burnoutboy
See post #11
Are you positive? Because it's a huge pain in the ass to do it and I don't want to take it out unless you're positive. It's 30 degrees and the warmest stuff I own to work on the car in are a torn button down shirt and a torn pair of khakis.

Last edited by marlinspike; 12-18-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-18-2010 | 12:20 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

You trying by hand or with the starter?
Old 12-18-2010 | 12:20 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

Originally Posted by nftuatn
If your motor has good compression you probably won't be able to turn it over
Would I have to take out all of the spark plugs or could I take out only certain ones? Or could I just loosen them? Or am I nuts for thinking this would work?
Old 12-18-2010 | 12:22 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

You trying by hand or with the starter?
Hand. I turned by hand and it got to a point where I couldn't turn any more. So I tried the starter, still just get a single click but no start. I want to try turning by hand more and hitting the starter again.
Old 12-18-2010 | 12:23 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

If you want Richard I can have it towed to my shop so I can find out what's wrong before you start buying and doing stuff that's not fixing it
Old 12-18-2010 | 12:25 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

Well if you pull the plugs it will allow you to turn by hand.but if you get a breaker bar on the crank bolt you can do it with plugs in
Old 12-18-2010 | 12:25 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

If you want Richard I can have it towed to my shop so I can find out what's wrong before you start buying and doing stuff that's not fixing it
I just want to be sure I can afford it first. I don't want to be one of those people who drops a car off at your shop then can't afford to pay you for the work.

Quick Reply: Starter blues