Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

300thousand dollar ford gt

Old 10-26-2004 | 06:07 PM
Bandit
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 300thousand dollar ford gt

i'd still pay MUCH MUCH less for a new viper that puts down almost the same numbers as the GT...yeah the GT is sweet in every aspect...but the viper does the same thing for much less
Old 10-26-2004 | 07:22 PM
98turbo
Banned

98turbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hatch77
there are so many better cars than a Ford GT for 300 grand.

yes, it may performe just a well as a Porsche Carerra or Ferrari Enzo....but it's still a FordGT.

Why spend 300g's on a damn Ford when you can invest in a quality import for cheaper and be faster. I.E. Take an S2000, drop $25,000 in the motor and stomp the shit out of a Ford GT.....
Old 10-26-2004 | 07:58 PM
shawn22
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by 98turbo
Why spend 300g's on a damn Ford when you can invest in a quality import for cheaper and be faster. I.E. Take an S2000, drop $25,000 in the motor and stomp the shit out of a Ford GT.....
Why invest in a shitty 4cyl NA import when you can have a 300 dollar foxbody mustang and drop 25000 into it and beat everything ever created ever You're a fucking moron.

No, it wont stomp shit from a GT. The GT will still out handle, out brake, have a higher top speed than said s2000, not to mention the fact that it will do so reliably for 200k miles, all while needing only a pulley change to add another 100whp to the car, beating the s2000 with as much spent on the motor as the car is worth.

You're a fucking fool if you think a motor makes a car.
Old 10-26-2004 | 08:07 PM
hornetsnest
Registered Member

hornetsnest is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd probably spend the money on a viperTT AND corvetteTT cause you could afford both for 300k.

But an S2000??? That's almost laughable if you could afford a FordGt. I'd love to see a 500hp s2000 "stomp" a stock 500hp GT, it just ain't gonna happen.
Old 10-26-2004 | 08:38 PM
Homemade WRX
sounds like a semi

Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX

Originally Posted by Bandit
i'd still pay MUCH MUCH less for a new viper that puts down almost the same numbers as the GT...yeah the GT is sweet in every aspect...but the viper does the same thing for much less
gotta agree...then you have all the extra money to buy another viper...lol or mod the hell out of the first
Old 10-27-2004 | 04:28 AM
hornetsnest
Registered Member

hornetsnest is an unknown quantity at this point

A couple of funny things about this thread:

1st: None of us can afford a Ford GT. Hell only 1% of us could probably even afford that bargain of a Viper.

2nd: I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that some one that could afford one isn't exactly worried about money too much (or saving it to get a Viper) and is buying one because it is a Ford GT...a newer version of the GT40 that laid the smackdown on Ferarri when it came out way back when.

That being said, IF we could afford one, are we honestly gonna pass on one of the few American supercars with a great history so we can get a CRX and pour 298k in mods and "stomp the GT" ???
Old 10-27-2004 | 04:31 AM
shawn22
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

I sure as hell wouldnt. Lets see, 550 VERY VERY UNDERRATED hp, 1.15 g's on the skidpad, braking distances that make ferrari's cry, world class heritage, 215mph top speed, and good enough handling to scare the bajesus out of Mclaren SLR and Porsche Carerra GT drivers on a racetrack, all from an American company? I'll take one.
Old 10-27-2004 | 11:24 AM
hatch77
Cruising @ 8000ft

hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I don't see your point. Its like saying a Viper or NSX isn't worthy because they're made by Dodge and Acura. I actually give big probs to a company that specializes in "affordable" cars and can still pull this off. Ferrari and Porsches prices are rediculous for the amount of performance attained.
The NSX isn't a very good car for the money, and neither is a Viper. the SRT-10 is a better buy than a Viper IMO. The same with the NSX, you could buy a TSX and put the remaining amount into the car, and have a much nicer, much faster, and better handling car than an NSX.

I don't think the GT will be a major contender in the supercar market simply because the parent company "specializes" in cheap cars, and there will always be a sneaking suspcion that a corner was cut somewhere along the line. (even though that may or may not be totally false) Ferrari's performance on the F1 circuit alone is enough to vouch for their commitment to automotive performace. And Porsche has been a leading contender on the LeMans circuit for decades. I'm not trying to say that the cars they produce are race track worthy off the showroom floor, but that the technology and commitment to their cars is in a class of it's own.

Ford on the other hand has been making cheap cars that fall apart after five or six years of daily use. They cut the corners where it matters most, and build a cheap pruduct just to make a buck. Many of Fords competitors (Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen) make cars that last a long, long time. Ford stepping into the supercar market, is a risky move on their part.

(take care of your car brock)

Last edited by hatch77; 10-27-2004 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-27-2004 | 11:26 AM
Bandit
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

did you just say the srt-10 is a better buy than the viper???
Old 10-27-2004 | 11:29 AM
hatch77
Cruising @ 8000ft

hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bandit
did you just say the srt-10 is a better buy than the viper???
yup