Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need some legal advice guys.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:45 AM
WALL-E
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E
Default Need some legal advice guys.

Long story short, I got a reckless driving for speeding 69/45. Got convicted in general district and fined 100 no jail or suspension. I appealed it because my gauge was broken. I went to court 6 months later with no more infractions on my record, basically didnt get in any trouble after that court date. This time in appeals court I got a 250 fine, 30 day suspended jail, and 60 day suspension. I feel like i got un-necssarily screwed. I asked for a restriced afterwards outside the court, and the clerk was like you have to see the judge again. I wait two hours, he doesnt even speak to me and denies it. Now they say theres nothing I can do to get a restricted, because the judge denied it once. Is there anything left that I can do besides wait out my suspension?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:56 AM
_____
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Default Re: Need some legal advice guys.

My best leagal advice to you, stop asking for leagal advice on VaDriven.

No one on here is a lawyer.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Read the Rules.

You're fucked. 69 in a 45 and trying to cry about a gauge? Speedometers are not even required equip in Va.

Man up and accept responsibility and the punishment for your actions.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:06 AM
SHOFEAR94
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

Asking for legal advice on this site is like handing someone a baseball bat and saying "hit me". So, why were you going almost 70 in a 45?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:17 AM
WALL-E
Registered member

Im just asking you guys the process of getting a restricted license once the judge says no. I mean is there anything you can do?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:26 AM
boots
Banned

boots is an unknown quantity at this point

i say no and if i were you i would have never tried to appeal it because you got a slap on the wrist at first
Old 08-17-2006, 08:28 AM
WALL-E
Registered member

Originally Posted by boots
i say no and if i were you i would have never tried to appeal it because you got a slap on the wrist at first
I know man, I walked out of court kicking myself for being a dumbass to appeal it.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:29 AM
RCR Roscoe
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

your pretty much screwed. as much as it sucks you just pissed the judge off with the appeal. you got off good as hell the first time around. the best advise i can give you is ALWAYS go in with a (good) lawyer and take hat you get unless its total BS witch yours wasint. If you need a good one feel free to pm me i got a great guy whos helped a few people on here get outta stupid shit theyve done but he just does the central area.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:31 AM
WALL-E
Registered member

Originally Posted by AL-David
your pretty much screwed. as much as it sucks you just pissed the judge off with the appeal. you got off good as hell the first time around. the best advise i can give you is ALWAYS go in with a (good) lawyer and take hat you get unless its total BS witch yours wasint. If you need a good one feel free to pm me i got a great guy whos helped a few people on here get outta stupid shit theyve done but he just does the central area.
Can he do anything for me with that resrticed. I called court and they were like you can only ask once, and once it is denied you can get it.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:35 AM
RCR Roscoe
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

pmed

Quick Reply: Need some legal advice guys.