Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I didn't believe, but now I DO... Cops hate imports

Old 03-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Angry I didn't believe, but now I DO... Cops hate imports

So tonight MerF and I spend a good three hours compounding and waxing his Supra (getting overspray from the shipyard off). After we were done about 90% of the crap was off the car and it was looking sharp. I was driving my beater so larry and I hopped in w/ Merrill to roll to Benns to say hey then go shoot pool. Driving down the blvd. two cops are behind us. Merrill's like, "Shit I'm going to get pulled, please don't pull me." Then the lights come on (we were donig 45 and being quiet)

Cop comes up and explains how Mr. Frazier's (Merrill) exhaust was illegal and his tint was highly illegal (it tested at 8%!) We got two tickets and then the cop asked, "How many miles are on this thing?" Merril, "90 thousand." Cop, "It looks nice." Shit guy gives one of the most exotic Japanese imports two tickets for doing nothing then compliments him (Merrill I guess we did a good job on her tonight).

Needless to say I was shocked and upset... Merrill has a sweet car and wasn't doing anything wrong; that's fucked up. Driving a domestic I thought you all were exaggerating about it. I've never been pulled and I make a point to be loud around cops. Just last week I was driving down Northhampton at about 11:30 pm and stopped at the light at the corner of Diamond Springs. A cop rolls up next to me and I mind my own business. Then I hear this loud rev, and look over. The two cops are grining and pointing for me to gun it. I said, "As long as you don't pull me." Them, "Nah get on it." Light goes green and I punched it (tires spinning) to about 80 then I slowed down. The popo caught up, gave me thumbs and turned around. So I guess since I have an American car it's cool for it to be loud.

Anyway, sucks for you guys, I'm pissed for ya.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:09 PM
flow fx
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: I didn't believe, but now I DO... Cops hate imports

I've never, ever had a problem with cops (except for a speeding ticket) in the time I've owned my fbody. I even do my best to be loud as hell around them, had one give me a thumps up. When I had my prelude I got bugged for stupid shit all of the time.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:17 PM
Laris
Registered Member

Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris Laris

Guess that explain what happen to yall tonight.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:19 PM
soulDistortion
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

I'm not too surprised.

Cops are supposed to profile people (even though they say they don't) who might possibly be troublemakers, and jackass ricers in import cars have basically ruined it for everyone else.

Let's put it this way: who's a cop going to give a second glance to walking into a convenience store: the old white lady, or the mid-20's male minority. Guys driving modified imports are the "male minority" of the automotive world. It sucks, but that's the reality that's been forced on us.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:18 PM
BLACK JEFF
McLovin

BLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these parts

i don't think modified VW's get shit from the cops. i know i haven't
Old 03-06-2004, 11:27 PM
GodsOther
Back for more

GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
*snip* Driving down the blvd. two cops are behind us. Merrill's like, "Shit I'm going to get pulled, please don't pull me." Then the lights come on (we were donig 45 and being quiet)

Cop comes up and explains how Mr. Frazier's (Merrill) exhaust was illegal and his tint was highly illegal (it tested at 8%!) We got two tickets and then the cop asked, "How many miles are on this thing?" Merril, "90 thousand." Cop, "It looks nice." Shit guy gives one of the most exotic Japanese imports two tickets for doing nothing then compliments him (Merrill I guess we did a good job on her tonight).
*snip*

Anyway, sucks for you guys, I'm pissed for ya.
In all honesty this is why I am always kinda sketchy about going out to VB norfolk isn't AS bad (not saying it won't happen) and all you can do is cross your fingers! cause you never know when johnny law is in the mood! What you can do however is (as I have also) write your senator/congressman and CC the sheriff and police chief (for the respective precinct)
Old 03-06-2004, 11:29 PM
crumpler
^avatarless

crumpler is on a distinguished road

it's always nice when they have to pick a car out of a group and you automatically know as soon as the lights come on that... shit he's gonna pull me. happened to me twice now, but what's done is done,

lawyer fees < insurance costs
Old 03-07-2004, 03:57 AM
Hoopride2000
Maria Giovanna Bella

Hoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by VR6shit
i don't think modified VW's get shit from the cops. i know i haven't
I never get shit from cops. I had a NofoPD checking my brakes out Friday night on Brambleton. He scared the hell out of me, but I went when the light turned green and he turned right. The dont even give me shit when they pull me over. Everyone asks the same question, "You street race this thing?" No sir thats dangerous, I take mine out to auto-cross. "Oh ok, well you have a nice night."

This is one reason why I skepticle about buying a Honda or any other Jap Import....but I want a 95 Prelude bad...I want to many damn cars.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:09 AM
MerF
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

It was ghey. Larry (Victum) and I were laughing at Brian while I was waiting for my ticket. We're saying, "Yes dude, this is perfectly normal, they do this all the time."

Haha.

The best part of the story is him telling me I get charges dropped if I take a bag of peeled tint to the judge...hahaha!!! Yeah, ok.
Old 03-07-2004, 05:54 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

ever get reckless for rolling through a stop sign? yeah, thats gay

Quick Reply: I didn't believe, but now I DO... Cops hate imports