Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Lets discuss EGT with leaning out.

Old 08-26-2004, 09:28 AM
BlackSRT4
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4
Default Lets discuss EGT with leaning out.

Lets be logical about this discussion, no bs or flaming please and noobs listen up. Im new to the turbo scene and i've owned a few SC'ed cars. My new setup is getting here within the next couple weeks and i've been researching the average AFR people are getting, their in the low 10's. <-- That shit is richer than bill gates. We all know to gain power out of a turbo car you lean it out, either by cutting back fuel or increasing boost safely. What alot of people dont think about is when your lean a car out to gain some decent power your EGT's soar out the roof. I have found out by leaning out the setup im have i can increase HP up too 30whp+. A lot of people are doing this, ok.... What the hell happens to the longeity of the engine? it slowly goes to crap by increasing the heat inside the cyclinder chamber hotter that the car was designed for. I have been looking for a resolution but have failed to find one. I know the perfect AFR for the SRT-4 is 12.5 but this number isnt easy to hit and your still leaning the car out pass the temps that it was designed for......any pointers from anyone, or is there something i've missed?