Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

fight it or pay it?

Old 08-28-2004, 04:47 PM
bml94gxe
Having 757 Withdrawl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bml94gxe has disabled reputation
Default Re: fight it or pay it?

Originally Posted by LiveDakota
If he is 18 or younger i would only go to court if this is his first offense. Most judges like to see a couple of years good driving to give out probation. The few times i've been to the court in york county the judge there likes something like 10 years before he considers probation, but that just depends on the judge. Also taking the Virginia Drivers Safety Program before your court date will help immensly. You can do either a full 8 hour class on saturday or two 4 hours on a tuesday and thursday. Its cake and really does help.

Also if you go, dress nice and be very respectful. Judges hate nothing more than people coming in looks like slobs and being disrespectful to them or anyone else working for the courts.

Thomas C.

i am 18 and i dont know if i wanna fight it cause he was asking a few ques about things like leds that are illegal and stuff so if i do go he could mention that and that would be bad,cause he could have gotten me for a lot more and he started grillin me on no front liscnse plate, is that a true law cause i have heard that its not but they harass you about it anyways. and also i am going to take the driving course just to take these points off my record and i am going to calm down for a good while, i wish i could say 5 years so it all goes away buti kno that wont happen.

Note to all Dragva peeps, speeding tickets suck
Old 08-28-2004, 04:49 PM
bml94gxe
Having 757 Withdrawl

bml94gxe has disabled reputation

thanks for the info livedakota
Old 08-28-2004, 11:10 PM
LiveDakota
Registered Member

LiveDakota is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey no problem man. Its just some things i've noticed/used to help myself and friends out when facing a judge. Like stated above it just kinda depends on the judge, they can throw the book at you or help you out. Hope all goes well.

Thomas C.