Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Another site, may be on the Today show

Old 09-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Another off-topic reply...

Originally Posted by chapter8
Interesting can you provide me with proof for this info?
Sure, you may want to read the entire report of the bi-partisan National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States as a start.

It has been common knowledge (Apparently not the Bush Administrations)within the Saudi government and Isreali mossad (there secret service) that there were absolutly no ties between Bin laden and Sadam.
No one ever said there was. Bin Ladin actually supported anti-Saddam Islamists in Iraqi Kurdistan before and during the 1991 Gulf War when Saddam invaded Kuwait for an oil pathway to the sea.

Till this day our government denies any connection between Iraq and 911 (because there never was any) However the current administration still actively states there is?
The 9/11 terrorist attacks by al Qaeda are an independant issue from Iraq. Always have been. Anti-war protesters try to link the two events incorrectly to in an attempt justify their own agenda.

Just an informed american that happens to know a bit about middle eastern politics and affairs
To be an informed American, need to receive unbiased facts before forming an opinion rather than accepting what you see on tv. My passport was nearly filled in the two years after the 9/11 attacks -- you can probably figure out why, others here will probably let you know that my background in these matters is pretty extensive. My access to information is a bit better than most.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:56 PM
RICE ETR
Registered Member

RICE ETR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another site, may be on the Today show

NOT STOCK for president!.. he he

Seriously, I like your sig..... and yea you have an unfair advantage... too much inside info
Old 09-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default Re: Another off-topic reply...

Sure, you may want to read the entire report of the bi-partisan National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States as a start.
I already did....sorry I missed that

No one ever said there was. Bin Ladin actually supported anti-Saddam Islamists in Iraqi Kurdistan before and during the 1991 Gulf War when Saddam invaded Kuwait for an oil pathway to the sea.
Good we are on the same page

The 9/11 terrorist attacks by al Qaeda are an independant issue from Iraq. Always have been. Anti-war protesters try to link the two events incorrectly to in an attempt justify their own agenda.
On the same page again!! So Why do you support Bush if you are informed? Or what is your argument on how the current administration is doing a good job on the war on Terror. I am not trying to link the 2 events also....its the administration that was trying to do this from day 1 not the anti-war activists

To be an informed American, need to receive unbiased facts before forming an opinion rather than accepting what you see on tv. My passport was nearly filled in the two years after the 9/11 attacks -- you can probably figure out why, others here will probably let you know that my background in these matters is pretty extensive. My access to information is a bit better than most.
Yeah, I am well traveled my self........I have been to over 20 countries.....5 of those being in the mideast I even am fairly fluent in Arabic.....I never assumed that you were not informed and well read about this topic and never stated that, however you did about me. So I dont get my unbiased facts from the slanted media

Last edited by Terry@Fortune; 09-26-2004 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Also is this enough info to justify a war....when all other evidence does not even support it?
Yes, and there was other evidence which remains classified. The CIA document was unclassified as it was the basis for the UN watchdog group to conduct soil samples.

And getting to another point....a little off topic ......Nerve gas??? Who cares shouldnt we have been more concerned with N. Koreas growing Nuclear program seems like the bigger concern here. Nerve gas is hardly a threat to the USA.
North Korea's nuclear program has yet no long range delivery system and is ineffective as a suitcase model and too valuable for a "dirty bomb" (which is typically radioactive waste anyways). North Korea has been using their nuclear program as a baragain chip to receive further aid from countries -- give more money, nuclear program halts.

Al Qaeda operatives purchased a cylinder from a Sudanese military officer for $1.5M who claimed it to be uranium (it was not) in 1997 when Clinton was in office.

Japan didn't consider nerve gas either, until sarin was released into the subway system.

So how come this adminstration failed to make use of this information?
Failures are easier to point fingers at than successes.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

I never assumed that you were not informed and well read about this topic and never stated that, however you did about me.
??? I further defined an informed American, not questioning you or your ability to think for yourself. The definition was not "aimed" at you. Sorry if it was misinterpreted.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Originally Posted by RICE ETR
... and yea you have an unfair advantage... too much inside info
Yeah, I read and write papers for about 6-8 hours a day on this stuff. It's what I do.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by Not Stock

North Korea's nuclear program has yet no long range delivery system and is ineffective as a suitcase model and too valuable for a "dirty bomb" (which is typically radioactive waste anyways). North Korea has been using their nuclear program as a baragain chip to receive further aid from countries -- give more money, nuclear program halts.
Yes I agree, I would never in my right mind want our country to start a squirmish with N Korea. I just stated this because N Korea was definetly the greater threat....well maybe not anymore with the chaos in Iraq now
Japan didn't consider nerve gas either, until sarin was released into the subway system
So nerve gas is worth a war and over a 1000 soldiers lives?

Failures are easier to point fingers at than successes.
Im sorry but that is not good enough for me.........This was there big doosy, thats why they are not getting my vote
Old 09-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Originally Posted by Not Stock
??? I further defined an informed American, not questioning you or your ability to think for yourself. The definition was not "aimed" at you. Sorry if it was misinterpreted.
No problem man....I am just glad that you are informed and eduacted in your decision regarding the elections....unlike the majority that are voting for Bush.
I just wish we had a better person then Kerry he sucks..
Old 09-26-2004, 08:48 PM
ClassicJDMCars
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

No problem man....I am just glad that you are informed and eduacted in your decision regarding the elections....unlike the majority that are voting for Bush.
I just wish we had a better person then Kerry he sucks..
Yea... lets vote out Bush so some guy more retarded can become our president... sounds like a plan
Old 09-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Yea... lets vote out Bush so some guy more retarded can become our president... sounds like a plan
I did not say that
I think Bush us definetly more retarded....he cant even speak the english language...or convey himself properly in front of cameras. Its embarrising