Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

help....

Old 10-03-2004, 07:46 PM
trdceligt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trdceligt has disabled reputation
Default help....

okay, first off, i don't race my car. but i do what i can with my car overall. i'm looking in increasing my low-end torque. need to find out (website or local auto shop) where i can find good cams for my car. and anything else that will help increase my torque all throughout my rpm band.

this is what i have installed......
2003 celica gt
aem cai
dcsport headers
aem alternator pulley
magnaflow exhaust
Old 10-03-2004, 07:57 PM
7THSIGN
Banned

7THSIGN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help....

Didn’t you post a thread similar to this a while back?
Old 10-03-2004, 08:26 PM
mainevent212
Banned

mainevent212 is an unknown quantity at this point

uhh...get a car w/ a bigger motor...
Old 10-03-2004, 08:59 PM
GIMMEAN"H"
cibic weetec

GIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond reputeGIMMEAN"H" has a reputation beyond repute

yea...i recall a post like 2 weeks ago with the same topic.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:59 PM
LivinDreamsDC2
Team Livin Dreams

LivinDreamsDC2 has disabled reputation

swap in the old school track turbo celica motor, that will be a bad ass
Old 10-03-2004, 09:14 PM
Rotor A Go Go
Rotor God

Rotor A Go Go is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mainevent212
uhh...get a car w/ a bigger motor...

agreed
Old 10-03-2004, 09:30 PM
7THSIGN
Banned

7THSIGN is an unknown quantity at this point

Im going to basically tell you the same thing I told you in the last thread you put up. I know your not trying to make a drag car but I sum it all up for you and make all your choices clear. Also check out www.newcelica.org, you will find a lot of helpful information there!

Originally Posted by 7THSIGN
Ok well first things first. You do have a celica which is NOTORIOUS for very low torque. on top of that you have a gt (1zzge) model which motor is used in the new body corrolla's. this motor produces absolutly no toque as you have found out. Now on the other side of things with hp gains, they can be achieved much easier then torque on the gt motor you have. BUT not that much. I see that you are not trying to spend too much money to gain power out of your car. the mods you have are basically the only "cheap" things you can do. I would suggest a better exhaust system then the one you have chose. the aem cai you have will give you more hp at top end, ingen also makes a cai system for your car and that does not give you as much hp as the aem one, BUT it does make more torque. DC headers are all right I guess, but I would have went with the Trial headers, they make much more power but cost a lot more. the AEM Alternator Pulley are fine. To be honest with you man, and im not trying to bring you down or disrespect your car, but the celica gt is a slow car to start with, its not a good tuner car like the gts model. to really get power out of this car you would have to boost it, the low compression ratio will help you boost higher then you could with the gts model. but you would only be able to make about 220-240whp with the right supporting mods, after that amount of power, you will be pushing the limits of the motor and would have to start planning on a full rebuild of the motor so it can handle higher boost levels. im sure you dont want to spend that much money to boost the car, so another cheaper way to get some power out of it would be nitrous oxide aka NAWZ!!! but i wouldn't do anything higher then a 50 shot. this is much cheaper then a turbo kit. you will also gain a good amount of torque with nitrous. another idea you should look in to is a apexi afc, this is not a standalone but you will be able to tune the car and other modifications you have done to the car. I wish they made cams for the 1zzge but they dont. The last thing I can recommend to get you power cheap is to strip the car. I dont mean just take the rear seats out, I mean a total strip job!!!! like dirty women would give you. Everything in the car would have to go. this wont give you more power but it will make the car lighter.

Basically man. To sum it all up, the car is not a go fast car. I have seen gt celicas with turbo kits make mid to high 13sec passes, but this is with a fully built motor and turbo kit, a lot of money was used$$$. But with a good amount of mods, strip job and 50 shot of nitrous you should be a mid to high 14 sec car. but what rout you chose is up to you. Take care and good luck with the project.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Jason300zxTT
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

Originally Posted by trdceligt
okay, first off, i don't race my car. but i do what i can with my car overall. i'm looking in increasing my low-end torque. need to find out (website or local auto shop) where i can find good cams for my car. and anything else that will help increase my torque all throughout my rpm band.

this is what i have installed......
2003 celica gt
aem cai
dcsport headers
aem alternator pulley
magnaflow exhaust

ok let me get this strait.....

you dont race your car... but you mod it with go fast parts...

am i missing something? why waste money on go fast parts if you dont get on or race your car?