Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

clutch

Old 11-03-2004, 05:39 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: clutch

Originally Posted by cootees
The sports car clinic. You can trust them.. but you'll pay out your ass.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhahaahahhahahahaahahhaha a

breathing....

aaaaaaaaaahhahahahahahaa

Old 11-03-2004, 11:04 PM
ZeRo_C0oL
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the typical labor rate around here? I'm so disgruntled.. I was considering finding one of the master tech's at the dealership and seeing if he wanted to make money on the side. I know there are a few master technicians at the dealership that make six figures, so what would be the appropriate thing to offer? I don't know what they make hourly, but I'd assume $50+ is what they actually take home, per hour!?! Would $300 be reasonable enough to offer? Like I said, the shop I'm buying the clutch and flywheel from is in Texas, and they said $250 is on the high end of what they install for, and they do all kinds of euro's and exotics.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:39 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA

50/hr take home? no. basically, for a GOOD tech, take the shops labor rate, and give the tech about 25%. that is it. they make up for it by doing alot of work.

my shops rate is 40/hr. which is on the REAL low end, but the area i am in, it is average, i could charge 75/hr in roanoke pretty well, to a point.