Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need some DSM parts..

Old 12-08-2004, 05:23 AM
cootees
Ivy Tadita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Need some DSM parts..

Do you need some injectors too?
Old 12-08-2004, 11:17 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cootees
Do you need some injectors too?
nah goin with the good ol' shitty FMU(for now atleast..)
Old 12-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Spooln4
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaRn
nah goin with the good ol' shitty FMU(for now atleast..)
I've got some parts laying around:
1g 02 housing
1g bov with adapter
2g bov
450cc stock injectors

The 14b turbos are internally gated and it would be hard to run 5psi off of it considering when my old 14b was fully ported and had a 34mm flapper I could only get it to a lowest of 8psi and it still crept to 10psi at the end of gears. You might be able to modify the Wastegate arm so you can adjust it tighter, or just go external. External is so much smoother and solid. I'll never buy an internally gated turbo again.

Also if you do end up using the 1gbov. Make sure you re-route it back into your intake track. When I vented this bov it made the car buck and it was jerky on and off throttle. The 1gbov should be more than enough for your setup, hell alot of dsmers use them 20psi+ after modding the vacumm ports.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Turbo Talon
No Turbo & No Talon

Turbo Talon has disabled reputation

i have a dsm 1g bov pipe - no bov
Old 12-08-2004, 12:52 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spooln4
I've got some parts laying around:
1g 02 housing
1g bov with adapter
2g bov
450cc stock injectors

The 14b turbos are internally gated and it would be hard to run 5psi off of it considering when my old 14b was fully ported and had a 34mm flapper I could only get it to a lowest of 8psi and it still crept to 10psi at the end of gears. You might be able to modify the Wastegate arm so you can adjust it tighter, or just go external. External is so much smoother and solid. I'll never buy an internally gated turbo again.

Also if you do end up using the 1gbov. Make sure you re-route it back into your intake track. When I vented this bov it made the car buck and it was jerky on and off throttle. The 1gbov should be more than enough for your setup, hell alot of dsmers use them 20psi+ after modding the vacumm ports.

yup i was thinkin i could bend the arm slightly to shorten it, then it would bleed off a little early possibly, but o well.. now i am going with a t3, hopefully find one gated around 7 psi and work with it a little to get it down.. unfortunately the manifold i want isn't flanged for an external, but i could get it modified.. thats more $$ tho

on the lude the MAP sensor is built into the throttle body so i don't have to worry about the issue with re-routing, which could be good or bad cuz now it will be louder..
Old 12-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Spooln4
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaRn
yup i was thinkin i could bend the arm slightly to shorten it, then it would bleed off a little early possibly, but o well.. now i am going with a t3, hopefully find one gated around 7 psi and work with it a little to get it down.. unfortunately the manifold i want isn't flanged for an external, but i could get it modified.. thats more $$ tho

on the lude the MAP sensor is built into the throttle body so i don't have to worry about the issue with re-routing, which could be good or bad cuz now it will be louder..
I was just refering to the 1gbov, and the way it acts when vented. I am venting a HKS SSQV with the stock MAS sensor in the intake track and it doesn't buck or flip out nearly as bad as the 1g did. I think its because the 1g is slower reacting between vacumm and pressure , this is just from my experience.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:02 PM
GaRn
Registered member

Originally Posted by Spooln4
I was just refering to the 1gbov, and the way it acts when vented. I am venting a HKS SSQV with the stock MAS sensor in the intake track and it doesn't buck or flip out nearly as bad as the 1g did. I think its because the 1g is slower reacting between vacumm and pressure , this is just from my experience.
oh i gotcha, didn't know that, thanks for the heads up though
Old 12-12-2004, 03:57 PM
nukefission
Master of my domain

nukefission is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a good condition 14B, oil & water feed lines/bango bolts included. $150.