Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

natural bridge best times?

Old 01-18-2005, 05:46 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: natural bridge best times?

Originally Posted by Jeff Taylor
Yup, the tow bill on a broken-down car is much less for 15min rather than 60+....but hopefully I won't have to worry about that again

Jeff

shit man, gimme a holla if that happens. rollback anyone?
Old 01-18-2005, 07:02 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jeff Taylor
Yup, the tow bill on a broken-down car is much less for 15min rather than 60+....but hopefully I won't have to worry about that again

Jeff
Funny you say that, just had my car towed 2 days ago for the first time ever because of a failed clutch slave cyl coming back from school. Broke on me, at the light by tom's creek, cost me 100 bucks to have it towed back to my townhouse. Ugh. Hell, come to think about it, if anyone who goes has the premium triple A plan, and its in radford, we're apt to get it towed for damn near free, if not just a highly discounted rate. Just something else to think about.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:08 AM
Spooln4
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't feel bad Chris, I blew my tranny saturday night. Its stuck in 3rd gear. We had to literally drag it on the flat bed, and spray tire wet on the bed/garage and slide it off. Cost me 175 bucks. But thats the least of my problems compared to the 2k tranny I'm buying.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:39 AM
Jeff Taylor
Registered Member

Jeff Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutJeff Taylor has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Spooln4
Don't feel bad Chris, I blew my tranny saturday night. Its stuck in 3rd gear. We had to literally drag it on the flat bed, and spray tire wet on the bed/garage and slide it off. Cost me 175 bucks. But thats the least of my problems compared to the 2k tranny I'm buying.
Man, sorry to hear about that. Hope to see you ripping up the track again soon.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:42 AM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

Holy shit, that blows. Any clue what happened? That definately isnt good news to me seeing as I make more power than you do. Gonna have it fully built this time? That really sucks to hear bro. My slave is already replaced, I just gotta bleed the system, and go figure it snows today.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Spooln4
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

It sucks when your cars down and you can't fix it yourself (like tranny rebuild). I don't have a car to drive so I'm currently using my girlfriends car until its all back together.

Saturday night I raced a (from what he said) highly modded 98 TA LS-1 on the highway, she ran perfect with logs showing 400 whp and no knock. I pulled an easy 2 cars from a 40 roll twice . After talking to the guy and parting ways I was heading back to williamson to meet up with some friends. I gave a bov salute to a mustang next to me and went to put it into 3rd to coast down my speed and I think I got it into gear, but the shifter went completely limp from 3rd to 4th as if the shift rail was broke. All my other gears gave resistence to shifting but 3rd & 4th felt like it wasn't even connected. Funny thing is, I was NLTS shifting in two races prior to this happening and it was running and shifting awesome, and then I barely get on it and try to shift to third with ease and it breaks!
I rolled into a oriental place across from the Williamson car wash and figured out it was internal and NOT a linkage problem. Tow truck called and I had to remove my front bumper/panels and even my FMIC to get the damn thing on the flatbed. Not to mention the tires being dragged up because its stuck in 3rd even with the clutch disengaged. The car is currently at my buddy Shanes house who was nice enough to let me park her there while I pulled the tranny off and worked on it. I honestly could not of done this without my friends and girlfriend.

So its being shipped today in via fedex to Ohio to Shepherd Racing and I'm going to basically have it rebuild to his race tranny specs. The only thing different between mine and his race tranny will be the center diff., I'm going with a 4-spyder center diff instead of his welded one. Pretty pricey but I figure hell, if I'm going to be making more power than I already am, a stock rebuild is going to break sooner than this one. Ugh, only a couple weeks left of this hell...
Old 01-19-2005, 09:59 AM
YeloBlitzEclips
Rice -4- Life

YeloBlitzEclips is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx
Funny you say that, just had my car towed 2 days ago for the first time ever because of a failed clutch slave cyl coming back from school. Broke on me, at the light by tom's creek, cost me 100 bucks to have it towed back to my townhouse. Ugh. Hell, come to think about it, if anyone who goes has the premium triple A plan, and its in radford, we're apt to get it towed for damn near free, if not just a highly discounted rate. Just something else to think about.

still need the triple A plan? i get 100 miles of towing for free. my triple A membership has more than paid for itself many times, i love it
Old 01-19-2005, 09:59 AM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

Sorry to hear that man, its good to see you're coming out of it stronger than before, but the price tag that goes along with it always hits you hard.