Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

F*** Snow!!!

Old 02-27-2003, 04:49 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Yes...but we boosted guys have to remember that cold weather is our friend in the power department. I might hate driving in the cold now, but it wont be fun when i gotta go back to 93 octane in the summer w/o intercooler.

Kevin - sitting fine with 12psi and 87oct. with 35* days.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:00 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by FlodaXR4
Yes...but we boosted guys have to remember that cold weather is our friend in the power department. I might hate driving in the cold now, but it wont be fun when i gotta go back to 93 octane in the summer w/o intercooler.

Kevin - sitting fine with 12psi and 87oct. with 35* days.
no intercooler? 87 octane? did i just hear that in the same sentence as boosted?

1) intercool that beyotch
2) use 93
3) enjoy the beauty of boost 200% better
Old 02-27-2003, 05:05 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Yea...im quite old skool eh? This car didnt come intercooled stock and i havent had time to put my HUGE Volvo FMIC back in. When i do i'll be running 87oct. and 18psi..mwahaha. Then its time for 22psi and 93oct and then the skys (or my head gaskets) are the limit!

Like i said...i LOVE these cold days.

-Kevin
Old 02-28-2003, 08:57 AM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

WHOOHOO...its melting! Now maybe i'll finally get some work done on that car so it'll pass tech without distracting the tech worker..

-Kevin
Old 02-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Dublocivic

Dublocivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy crap you must be running 6to1 static compression or something..?
The snow is good.. I love the snow. AWD is good.. I love AWD.
I kind of wish that my driveway was dry so I could put my Greddy FMIC on my Talon though..

Last edited by Dublocivic; 02-28-2003 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:56 AM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

Holy crap you must be running 6to1 static compression or something..?
Hey Dublocivic...SHHHHH! HAHA. Umm..yea, im running the stock 8:1 c/r..thats it...mwahahah. Its stock..yea, lets leave it at that. I run 9psi everyday that i just daily drive it and run 87 if im broke, but normally 93. I have run 22psi NON-INTERCOOLED but it sure as hell wasnt just 93 octane. I also go through head gaskets like people go through toliet paper....gotta pay to play. This car has also seen about 5 different heads on it, so like i said...i might risk a lil something just to experiment. Now go and play with your Civic drag car and stop ruining all my tricks...hahaha...jk man.

-Kevin
Old 02-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Dublocivic

Dublocivic is an unknown quantity at this point

What size turbo is on the xr4? eheh.. alcohol injection with 118?
lol (non intercooled) you'd need something to take down those IAT's
Yea I know I need to go get this bastard out to the secret garage so the work can commence once I get my short block re-sleeved.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:13 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

Stock rebuilt Garrett T3 for now. Something bigger will be replacing it i just have too many project cars to be fooling around with this one. I've had this car the longest and im sure as you could agree...the old beater gets neglected the most.

I havent experimented with Alcohol injection......yet. Its on my eventual to-do list. And i can assure you it wasnt 118oct., but was closer to 105.

I swear, your going to get me in trouble if i keep telling you everything i got. Even though there are quite a few secrets no one will know....mwahahaha.

-Kevin

Last edited by FlimFlam; 02-28-2003 at 09:07 PM.