Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

FREE Tig welding!

Old 03-21-2005, 12:36 PM
kawgomoo
fabricated reality

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kawgomoo can only hope to improve
Default Re: my wish list :)

Originally Posted by fc735
awww, c'mon. everyone has to get a tungsten ripped out of their hands in a bench grinder

jammin monster nozzle though. i presume it fits a miller torch? looks like you can get deeper into some areas with that setup (welding collectors and such i reckon) with just the electrode

lol thankfully ive yet to spear my hand at the grinder, but it still sucks.

yeah that monster nozzle is bitchin, you can hang the electrode WAAAYY out the cup and still not foul it. they sell the nozzle for all types of torches, but i have a weldcraft {miller} 17 series air cooled... which means i need the 72 dollar kit, damnit! i also want one of the super micro torches for welding inside of the collector and stuff like t hat, but im waiting till i get a water cooler because what good is a 50amp torch when u can have 160amp in the exact same size package?
Old 03-21-2005, 04:40 PM
8krdlne
I spit hot fire

8krdlne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FREE Tig welding!

I need a cat done with flanges and all that shit

Last edited by 8krdlne; 03-21-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:18 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by kawgomoo
lol thankfully ive yet to spear my hand at the grinder, but it still sucks.

yeah that monster nozzle is bitchin, you can hang the electrode WAAAYY out the cup and still not foul it. they sell the nozzle for all types of torches, but i have a weldcraft {miller} 17 series air cooled... which means i need the 72 dollar kit, damnit! i also want one of the super micro torches for welding inside of the collector and stuff like t hat, but im waiting till i get a water cooler because what good is a 50amp torch when u can have 160amp in the exact same size package?

aircooled 150amp myself (well...its on order )

synchrowave 180 SD (1750 bucks, brand new, with a full bottle and a few electrodes)
Old 03-21-2005, 08:55 PM
kawgomoo
fabricated reality

aircooled 150amp myself (well...its on order )

synchrowave 180 SD (1750 bucks, brand new, with a full bottle and a few electrodes)
PLEASE PM ME WITH ANYTHING YOU GUYS NEED DONE!!!!

order your parts from arc-zone.com they send you m&m's with every order!!! lol yeah the 180sd is pretty bitchin. i was looking at those, but i kind of like the lincoln precision tig 185... just because the pulser is cool and the torches have that nice braided cable thats super light, but i like the balance control on the millers alot better. cyberweld.com has good prices on weld goodies as well so all said and done i got a helluva deal on a miller dynasty 200dx... the portability is great. and the 25' torch with featherlite cable is the hot shit....
Old 03-22-2005, 06:05 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i dont do a hella lot of tig, but i figured the 180SD will be a good unit to start with.

if i need anything major, all i gotta do is go to a buddies work (they make custom light fixtures, and have three Aerowave units )
Old 03-22-2005, 06:33 PM
1BDAZM
Registered Member

1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM

OK So I have scraped the track pipe idea I am gonna do 3 inch all the way back new 3 inch muffler and all throwing my Borla on the forum once the new one is fabbed. I am gonna order the Mandrel bends in the next couple of days. I really do not see a need for stainless. I have a Stainless down pipe with a 3 inch flange. Was gonna do aluminized pipe from there back what do you think???? Where are you doing your work at?? I have 220 in my garage...........
Old 03-22-2005, 10:36 PM
kawgomoo
fabricated reality

i dont do a hella lot of tig, but i figured the 180SD will be a good unit to start with.

if i need anything major, all i gotta do is go to a buddies work (they make custom light fixtures, and have three Aerowave units )

the 180sd is a damn good machine... itll do anything you need it to within reason. i got a dynasty because it can run on 110 220 or 460 , and the pulsers cool... not to mention it just plain kicks the shit out of transformer welders on aluminium the aerowaves are sick! they have the circuitry from a inverter tig, but transformer power supplies, i played with one at school a few times... i fell in love with it
Old 03-22-2005, 10:38 PM
kawgomoo
fabricated reality

Originally Posted by 1BDAZM
OK So I have scraped the track pipe idea I am gonna do 3 inch all the way back new 3 inch muffler and all throwing my Borla on the forum once the new one is fabbed. I am gonna order the Mandrel bends in the next couple of days. I really do not see a need for stainless. I have a Stainless down pipe with a 3 inch flange. Was gonna do aluminized pipe from there back what do you think???? Where are you doing your work at?? I have 220 in my garage...........

aluminized sucks, it will rust at the welds and everywhere else eventually. if you were going to be pimp id use 16 or 18 guage 304 stainless.

or on the other hand why not build a "track pipe" with an electric cutout... all the power of open exhaust, none of the hassles from the man for having loud shit. these things are like 189 bucks and htey come with a flowtech race ready

Last edited by kawgomoo; 03-22-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:54 AM
kawgomoo
fabricated reality

for everyone that has pm'd me about mandrel bends... get your tubing here!

RRE or here burns stainless they have alu too.. just search around

here are some crappy pics of a few welds i did... the shiny stuff is aluminium, the dull stuff is titanium.

Last edited by kawgomoo; 03-24-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:41 PM
kawgomoo
fabricated reality

ttt wow, those pics are huge... lol