Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Getting a title

Old 06-05-2005 | 03:03 PM
_____
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Default Re: Getting a title

If your not gonna buy it give me his number I sure will
Old 06-05-2005 | 07:50 PM
cbucgo
Registered Member

cbucgo is an unknown quantity at this point

I was talking with a buddy about this the other day. The only was to clean up that bike is to buy another good frame with a title and then switch ever last nut and bolt over. Another thing we got thinking about was that there is either a VIN or a matching number to a certain frame on a motor so you could still get caught that way. It's a bad deal and I def. wouldn't fuck with it.
Old 06-05-2005 | 08:01 PM
xshanex
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cbucgo
I was talking with a buddy about this the other day. The only was to clean up that bike is to buy another good frame with a title and then switch ever last nut and bolt over. Another thing we got thinking about was that there is either a VIN or a matching number to a certain frame on a motor so you could still get caught that way. It's a bad deal and I def. wouldn't fuck with it.

yeah the vin is on the motor like was mentioned. I never trust when there is weird title issues on a bike because copies of the title or registration are soo easy to get. I've lost the title on a couple vehicles and it was a piece of cake to get a new one. I've also lost a title on a vehicle that I had bought and hadn't put into my name yet and it wasn't hard. Also had a friend do a title for an abandoned vehicle and that was the hardest but still only took a month
Old 06-12-2005 | 11:46 AM
s2k7

s2k7 has disabled reputation

3g's for 03 r1 +no title = stolen mofo.
Old 06-12-2005 | 04:09 PM
roadrcr82
Registered Member

roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82

If this guys is giving you some bs about not having a title then im thinkin its stolen. when i lost my title i went to the dmv and got a new one the next day. i dont believe that the vin on the motor and the frame match but depending on how bad they wanna catch a thief they will research it and theres always a paperwork trail that will lead to something that has the motor vin and the fram vin on it.