Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Summit Results..............

Old 06-13-2005, 02:36 PM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4
Default Summit Results..............

I had a great time. Kelli and I got there early Friday night and stole two spots; it was packed already due to the trackday earlier. Set up and proceeded to wait; and wait and wait. Tim showed up and Remmy stuck around after Tim and the clan went to the hotel room. Then Kelli, Remmy and myself waited, and continued to wait........................Then after midnight John and Mark showed up.

...................I went to bed! :nanana

Got up really late and it was hot as a bitch out there; I mean Africa hot..........Tarzan hot.............it was hot ok?

I didn't feel like waiting in line for an hour or longer so I waited till the absolute last minute to register; they closed the door after I walked in.

I didn't bother to register for the 16 lap solo as I knew I wouldn't have been able to make that many laps in that heat. There's no way. MY padding for my leathers is in my liner; so I have to wear it if I want some protection. So I registered for the two sprints on Sunday alone.

Missed the first practice session on Saturday due to the waiting till said last minute to register. Made the second one and pitted early................it was too damn hot.

Watched Mark and John race.............Mark is pretty fast, but the few guys up front during the solo were just carrying a little bit more corner speed. I believe he was in second during the second lap. Awesome job!

To make a long story short I pitted early in both practice sessions Sunday morning as well; still too hot.

First race was red flagged due to allot of wrecks...............lemme tell ya; watching a bike bounce 30ft in the air is no joke. I stayed on the throttle and prayed it was gonna bounce right; it did. Ask John, he stayed on the throttle right behind me!!

Then seeing a body in the *road* just added to everything else and the red came out. Had to wait on ambulances and such before a restart. Restarted and we were off!

I was doing ok, about middle of the pack.............and I got off track. I wasn't really pushed per say, but the asshole in front of me who didn't have a clue (again you can ask John, he had to deal with the same guy) hit his rear brake or some crap in turn 5 and bounced his rear right at me..........no other choice but to go off.

I grabbed a fistfull of brakes (I have no rears) and prayed. I stopped pretty quickly and didn't wait to get back on the track, I saw dudes coming and figured that they could see me as well. I merged pretty well I guess, but I'm told I lost about 10 spots.........

Needless to say I was gunning for a yellow RR the rest of the race. In the carosel of the last lap he was only 2 spots ahead of me and I swear I was gonna get him in 9 or 10 and shove him off.........but he beat me to it when someone wrecked in front of him and he just didn't get out of the way. He could have avoided it (I did) but he went left instead of right and went straight into the tire wall off of 9........................I didn't shed a tear.

Decided to run the same tires for my next race...........bad decision as I had already tucked the front a few times. The rear was holding up fine so I figured I was good to go. NOT! I'm not using it as an excuse, but during the second lap in turn 1 my rear slid pretty bad, then caught. I really thought I was gonna highside. So I took it down a notch.

I didn't think I was going that slow till I didn't see any other lap traffic around me. Then I knew I was dead last. I hadn't seen a pink bike pass me so I didn't know what was up.

Kelli told me that there were 3 behind me that got lapped by the leader, but that the leader was nowhere close to lapping me. So I guess I was the fastest of the slow guys?? :confused

One thing I learned is that I'm never again running on scrubs for a race. I think I've improved enough to where I need good tires to be able to rely upon.

All in all a good weekend and I'm looking forward to the next one!!
Old 06-13-2005, 02:37 PM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4
Default Re: Summit Results..............

Red_Dog20 said:
Ok, here's the times and such, name, then position, best time/speed:

For Saturday, Middleweight Solo Novice 16 laps
Mark: #5, 1:22.224 96.322
John: #28, 1:27.232 90.972

Sunday, C Superstock Novice 8 Laps
Mark: #9, 1:21.914 96.687
John: #21, 1:25.631 92.490
Rob: #33, 1:28.310 89.684

This one was redflagged in about the second lap from a bad wreck that required an airlift. The following races were cut back to six laps each for time constraints. I'd like to add that after the restart Mark had a good drive about midway when some idiot brake checked him, may he rot in hell. :mad Rob was doing well too, but he got pushed off track. He pulled off a damn good save and got back on the track, down a good ten positions.

C Superbike Novice 6 laps
Mark: #12, 1:27.492 96.009
John: #17, 1:24.773 93.426
Rob: #33, 1:30.803 87.222

I copied it down by hand and typed it in, I didn't want to get myself screwed up copy and pasting. If I screwed up any of the info let me know and I'll fix it.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:20 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Summit Results..............

i wouldn't be mad at the guy, its racing, sounds like he was just backing it in or maybe just made a mistake, but i wouldn't say you wanted to purposely try and run him off the track and i wouldn't be glad to see him wreck... and if you didn't have rear brakes you should have NOT been on the track at all, thats a severe risk to others and even more so yourself

sounds like your gaining alot of good experience though, i'm jealous, if i do get a chance to get out there and race some this year your definetly going to kick my ass