Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

NB drag strip tonight

Old 06-25-2005, 11:11 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: NB drag strip tonight

Originally Posted by 89silude
yeah, i hear ya w/ the motor swaps. all that work just to get into low-mid 10's...not worth it IMO.

i know u did all that tranny work to ur car...what else is done to it?
Keep in mind, the 9.7 was done about two weeks after I bought the car.. bone stock, first time ever on the track in that car. I haven't had it on the track since, and probably won't until I have another source of transportation again just in case something happens. I have very bad luck.

The drivetrain is where the majority of the work has been done. As far as performance, I have a 3.94 r&p, Peloquin limited slip, VR6 clutch, 14lb G60 flywheel.. GHL intake, and REVO software. There are a few little tweaks, and it runs pretty good, but it's not so much a monster right now. I've got a leaky diverter valve and it isn't holding boost very well at this point in time. That will be fixed very shortly. I'm running low boost anyway, and on the daily I usually spike at about 16psi and fall off to 12-14 psi under ordinary circumstances. The great thing about my software is that the amount of boost I spike at, and hold, is all determined by what gear I'm in, what RPM the motor is spinning at.. etc. I don't have an SPS3 controller to tweak the software at the moment but I have a VAG-COM on the laptop and Lemmiwinks which lets you tweak everything. The serial cable just doesn't work, unfortunately, so it's useless right now. When I reset my ECU, it went back to the default settings for the software and timing and boost are a little off, but an SPS3 controller and/or Lemmiwinks can resolve that quickly.

Really considering putting the 4.7v diode and boostvalve back on but I really don't need to run more than 16-18 pounds of boost anyway, so it's not really a priority. It would be somewhat stupid for me to run 21 on the daily, and would just get me in trouble.

Sorry for the long post. lol..... I got carried away.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:16 AM
94silude
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Sorry for the long post. lol..... I got carried away.

it's all good. i know how it is. get to talking/typing about ur car and just go on and on and on. hahaha. but it sounds pretty nice. i'm sure it's a fun car to drive...wanna let me one day?
Old 06-25-2005, 11:39 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

wanna let me one day?
HELL NO! I mean.. no thanks.

I'll take you for a ride in it, but you're not driving it. No one drives it.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:58 PM
94silude
89silude

i'll take u up on that offer sometime.

and i don't blame you for not letting me drive it one bit...i figured it was worth the shot. haha
Old 06-25-2005, 06:37 PM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

You want me to come up there next time and show him how to drive it? I'm not trying to be a jackass or anything like that, but you have to launch an AWD car differently than a 2WD car.

I launch mine at 5500-6000 rpm. I average 1.8-1.85 60' times. Even when it was close to stock. A stock WRX should run mid to low 9's easy.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:19 PM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

I know I ran 9.3 stock in my srt and there was a wrx that was stock that used to beat me handedly…

I have never seen anyone drive like him, he’s crazy, though he did recently blow his shit up…

edit: just remembered his name... Travis
Old 06-25-2005, 09:10 PM
94silude
89silude

Originally Posted by Cosmo
You want me to come up there next time and show him how to drive it? I'm not trying to be a jackass or anything like that, but you have to launch an AWD car differently than a 2WD car.

I launch mine at 5500-6000 rpm. I average 1.8-1.85 60' times. Even when it was close to stock. A stock WRX should run mid to low 9's easy.

hahaha, no no, really though, show him...and me. haha,no jackassness needed.

we were out tonight driving back to his place and i told him to try and slip the clutch...felt so much better than how he was trying to launch it.

but yeah chad show us how to work that box s
Old 06-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
I know I ran 9.3 stock in my srt and there was a wrx that was stock that used to beat me handedly…

I have never seen anyone drive like him, he’s crazy, though he did recently blow his shit up…

edit: just remembered his name... Travis
Yeah, Travis is one of the best drivers I've seen. He ran a 8.8 in a bone stock WRX. However, his mechanic skills leave a lot to be desired. He is, however, in the process of ordering a 2.2L closed deck block with forged internals, built heads, big turbo, and dog box transmission gears for his car, among other things.

Oh yeah, Joey, you are the lucky one that gets to install it....
Old 06-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

hahaha, no no, really though, show him...and me. haha,no jackassness needed.

we were out tonight driving back to his place and i told him to try and slip the clutch...felt so much better than how he was trying to launch it.

but yeah chad show us how to work that box s
I'll be glad to show you whenever. I don't claim to be an expert or anything, but I've spent enough time behind the wheel of a WRX to get the launching part down pretty well...
Old 06-26-2005, 11:09 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Yeah, Travis is one of the best drivers I've seen. He ran a 8.8 in a bone stock WRX. However, his mechanic skills leave a lot to be desired. He is, however, in the process of ordering a 2.2L closed deck block with forged internals, built heads, big turbo, and dog box transmission gears for his car, among other things.

Oh yeah, Joey, you are the lucky one that gets to install it....
9.11 stock, 8.8 on a CAI and uppipe. unless he was "squirting"

and dont remind me about what is to be done.....