Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

can i borrow a p28?

Old 08-17-2005, 03:09 PM
DLB1994
speed racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: can i borrow a p28?

sounds like the dist , if u get it running you can pm me and come by the shop ill look at it to see what it looks like going on
Old 08-17-2005, 03:33 PM
00civichatch
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

Originally Posted by roppetty
ok so last night i was testing the injectors, listened to them using a screw driver and could distinguish the clicking on three of the four, so today i was going to test them to see if one was stuck open or something. i unplugged each one at a time while running, 3 of the four made the idle change almost stalled out. the one that i couldnt hear clicking on didnt change anything. i decided to make sure there was spark before plopping down 60 bucks on an injector only to have it not be the cause...so i pulled the wire while it was running, no idle changed or anything, but 30 seconds later the car shut off. now im getting no spark on any of the plugs. checked the ignition fuse and that's fine. so now i have to search through to find whatever the hell i broke by pulling the wire while running.

so whenever i finish that and double check to make sure the injector is in fact bad. if that doesnt fix the fuel issue i'll try the ecu thing. im leaning towards it being a bad injector though, not closing all the way or something

damn dude. i hate when shit just gets worse and worse the more you mess with it. maby you ripped the wire inside the plugwires when you pulled it off.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:27 PM
roppetty

roppetty has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DLB1994
sounds like the dist , if u get it running you can pm me and come by the shop ill look at it to see what it looks like going on
thanks for the offer, that'd be cool but i dont think i have the time for that. leaving for school friday morning so i only have tomorrow to work on it.

Originally Posted by 00civichatch
damn dude. i hate when shit just gets worse and worse the more you mess with it. maby you ripped the wire inside the plugwires when you pulled it off.
lol, yeah it sucks. i checked the resistence in all the wires and it checks out, so it pretty much has to be something in the dizzy, checked the ICM and coil, they checked out...tomorrow im gonna head to CAPs and circle and hope to get lucky with a dizzy and injector. then it should be running good enough to finish breaking it in...if it hasnt sat the rings already from running in the garage
Old 08-18-2005, 10:48 AM
roppetty

got a new dizzy and replaced the injector in question, still getting too much fuel. cut j1 and same thing is happening. the injector i was having problems with still doesnt seem to be firing, voltage is fine on the plug with ignition on and resitance on the injector is fine...what else could be causing it to not fire?
Old 08-18-2005, 11:06 AM
GotB00stPsi
Banned

GotB00stPsi is an unknown quantity at this point

who did your obd1 conversion........sounds like some wiring conflict to me, my friend is having the same problem with his 4door with a minime
Old 08-18-2005, 12:12 PM
roppetty

Originally Posted by GotB00stPsi
who did your obd1 conversion........sounds like some wiring conflict to me, my friend is having the same problem with his 4door with a minime
i got the obd1 harness from jdms!it.com, but it looks like it all checks out to me

i did some more testing with wires and stuff and im losing 6volts somewhere along the way for injector 2. here's the wiring diagram of it, the service manual says to test the resistance on the injector itself, then the voltage of the plugs with ignition on, and then from terminals A1, A3, A5, and A2 (+) to A23(-). the injector resistance checks out, as does the plug voltage for all four. but when i check the voltage from the terminals, A3 only has 5-6 volts while A1, A5, and A2 have 12. i checked the resistance of the plug wires to the ecu and they're all the same. does anyone have any clue what could be causing the voltage drop?