Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Well....

Old 11-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Well....

Originally Posted by EclipseGS-T
I will be back in richmond next week
if your ever back in richmond with the bike PM me or something, thats where i live and could do a little riding
Old 11-17-2005, 11:14 AM
GSXRATED
BAMF

GSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
if your ever back in richmond with the bike PM me or something, thats where i live and could do a little riding
Cool, I will definately do that. I'll pm you.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:47 PM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by EclipseGS-T
And I did search. Nowhere on this forum does someone discuss how much lowering a bike will affect it's handling.

Really?

Hmmmmm....................

Here's a thread where Nates95Accord is asking about lowering a bike.

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=lower

Alwayslast replies saying that he shouldn't lower it. But you're right; they don't mention handling.

Here's a thread where Flyin' Low is asking about shaving his seat.

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102064

But again; no discussion of handling............

Then there's THIS thread where xmeeksx is saying that he/she is 5'1" and asking if he/she can ride:

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98329

I'll let YOU read a couple of the responses:

Originally Posted by R6Buttercup
Fucker bitch gay ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, buy adjustable lowering links for the rear and u lower the front. Keep in mind when u adjust the suspension, u have to cut the kickstand or buy an adjustable kickstand. Your suspension sucks, cant knee drag and watch out for the bumps in the road/speed bumps, your lower fairing will drag. A plus, u LAUNCH when u take off. Down side is it's harder to wheelie because the forks are somewhat compressed.

Shaving the seat gives u like 1/2"-1" if u are lucky, but the downside is your ass will hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by R6Buttercup
No, it handles a little different because the forks are compressed. Slow??? What's that?? U have to remember also everything is lower, the footpegs are lower too so they drag when u lean too much over. What kind of bike are your trying to get??
Originally Posted by TiSoY
Okay, I read this thread earlier today and I was going to Casey Cycle City anyway, so I did a little research for you while I was there. I spoke with the floor rep and he said that given your height and being that it is your first bike, you would not want to get a 600 and lower it. The number one reason being, it changes the dynhamic of the bike. Lowering is beneficial for straightaway riding or drag environments, but definitely hurts the maneuverability of the bike in turns and the like. He did however, recommend two bikes he had on the floor that may cater to your needs. The 2005 Suzuki GS500 ($5000) and the 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250 ($3500), both have a seat height around 29 inches, but you'd have to check them out yourself. Anyway, hopefully I helped you out in making a decision. Take Care & Be Safe...

Man.................that's really weird. The search feature seemed to work perfectly fine for me.

Any more combacks EclipseGS-T??

Last edited by CBR600F4; 11-17-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:55 PM
87vert

87vert has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by CBR600F4

haha
Old 11-17-2005, 03:31 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Relax man.. This is the cycle forum.. Remember how riders usually have a completely different type of community? Keep it peaceful and friendly.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:29 PM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Relax man.. This is the cycle forum.. Remember how riders usually have a completely different type of community? Keep it peaceful and friendly.

I know I know....................I swear I'm a nice guy in person.

............................I just HAD to though.

Last edited by CBR600F4; 11-17-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:34 PM
GSXRATED
BAMF

GSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to all

Really?

Hmmmmm....................

Here's a thread where Nates95Accord is asking about lowering a bike.

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=lower

Alwayslast replies saying that he shouldn't lower it. But you're right; they don't mention handling.

Here's a thread where Flyin' Low is asking about shaving his seat.

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102064

But again; no discussion of handling............

Then there's THIS thread where xmeeksx is saying that he/she is 5'1" and asking if he/she can ride:

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98329

I'll let YOU read a couple of the responses:

Man.................that's really weird. The search feature seemed to work perfectly fine for me.

Chill the fuck out. If you put half as much effort into helping people with questions, as you put into your efforts to try and "own" me over the internet , then you would be alot more useful.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:12 PM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

And if YOU spent more time doing some research ON YOUR OWN and not just "expecting" someone else to answer it for you 'cause you're too damn lazy to find the answers that have clearly been answered numerous times in the past then I'm not too sure as to why I should feel shameful about my responses............................

I just don't get some people....................
Old 11-18-2005, 05:27 AM
Chino
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

And if YOU spent more time doing some research ON YOUR OWN and not just "expecting" someone else to answer it for you 'cause you're too damn lazy to find the answers that have clearly been answered numerous times in the past then I'm not too sure as to why I should feel shameful about my responses............................

I just don't get some people....................

ah yes, now i remember why i don't go here much anymore. threads always end up being a contest of who has the bigger "e-penis".

seriously, noone's forcing anyone to answer any questions. if you don't wanna help the lazy bastard then don't help him. there's no point in replying and then end up giving him the answer just to prove to him you're as much as an asshole as he is. but that's just me.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:22 AM
GSXRATED
BAMF

Thanks, I was beginning to think e-thugs were going extinct around here until you decided to chime in. THANKS for the answer, I do appreciate it, I just don't like it when someone decides to come off like an ass because he has to answer a question that was answered in a thread before. It happens all the time on forums everywhere, you just have to deal with it, and not e-thug it up everytime someone asks what you deem to be a "simple" question.