Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Results from CMP on the new RR.....

Old 11-28-2005, 08:32 AM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4
Default Results from CMP on the new RR.....

Well..............I had a GREAT weekend and wanted to start off with thanking everyone who made it possible. Obviously Mark made it happen by all the hard work he put into the bike over the past month+ getting it ready for the track. Brian and Tim and the kids for helping out whenever I needed a hand with warmers or stands..............again; mad props to everyone.

I got the scrubs on and put the warmers on before the first session. It was cold out there. But as soon as I got out onto the track I never felt it; I was actually sweating like a pig!!!

During the first lap of the first session I thought I was gonna wreck in turn 1 because the rr turns in SOOOO much quicker than the F4, I was hugging the rumble strip on almost every turn that first session. Once I got used to it.............I got REALLY used to it!! I followed Mia around and had a really good first session getting used to the bike; the turn in and especially the power!! It was kind of intimidating................

The second session I just got out there and decided to see what I could do. To make a long story short I pitted early because I thought I was going just a little bit too fast for a track day, even in the Blue group. It was just so easy to be fast on that bike that I just kept pushing and pushing and pushing it. And it took it all. I felt really good about that session and felt that I got a really good feel for the bike.

The third session didn't go so well though................. After a few laps I ended up tucking the front in turn 1. I really don't think that I was going any faster through there than I had before. In fact I would say that I was going slower than I had during the second session. Either way I had absolutely NO warning when my front just let go.

I tumbled a couple times and the bike slid and then flipped to the other side when it hit the dirt. I popped up right away and picked her up. I tried to swing my left leg over (the side I fell on) and ended up just knocking the bike down again. :rolleyes I finally got on it and she started right up. I got out of the run off area and waited. Rode it back and had a nice calming 20 minutes of cigarretts and thought. I was trying to figure out what I did wrong.

..................never mind that the tires I was running were race take offs from Mark and had been sitting in my storage unit for the last 8 months.........................:redflip :redflip

I added some more zip ties and I was ready to go after lunch. BTW: I HIGHLY recommend Sharkskins...............they held up like you wouldn't believe!!

The first session after lunch I went out and too it pretty easy. I stayed behind Mia and Remmy for a little bit..................but then I just couldn't stay at that speed any longer. I got out in front and took it up a notch. Mia finally passed me and I kept up with him until my rear decided to slide a little bit.

I figured I shouldn't push my luck any further on those tires and decided to pit in and call it a day.

All in all it was a great day learning a new bike. I always have fun with TPM track days and with all the friends that are there with me!!!!!!