Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

My A/F Ratio reading.Need your input

Old 12-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Dang Yo
Justa lil 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My A/F Ratio reading.Need your input

Originally Posted by ultra spikey
I'd say start advancing timing by small increments at 6100rpm(where your tq starts to drop) and when you notice that advancing timing doesnt increase your numbers, retard it 1 degree from there and youre set...ive never dyno tuned a car, but from what Ive read, thats a good way to tune timing.
advanced timing isnt always good with lean conditons. also if the timing is too advanced and the fuel is perfect, colder air can cause it to run lean.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:49 PM
ultra spikey
Registered Member

ultra spikey has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JDM_EF8
advanced timing isnt always good with lean conditons. also if the timing is too advanced and the fuel is perfect, colder air can cause it to run lean.
thats why you richen it up...if he has some kind of engine management, it should have some kind of correction for intake air temps.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:25 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Regardless, assuming he is using pump gas, 14.xx is waaay too lean imo, and he is probably running crappy timing as a result.. 13ish is optimal for power b/c of heat issues and increasing timing.. I would worry about A/F before timing.

I am guessing you are using Hondata, seems to be the most common, so you have all the functionability of the stock ECU, ECT and IAT correction.