Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

ninja 500r aftermarket?

Old 12-05-2005, 05:21 AM
octane
Free Time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane
Default Re: ninja 500r aftermarket?

There's a guy on the GS500 forum that built a turbo GS that puts 70 someodd hp down and he's selling it for something ridiculously cheap like $1,250 - check the for sale forum at www.gstwin.com - great site for the Suzuki 500. The bike is in Ohio I think.

As for your question on how much hp exhaust adds to the bike...it's all relative...different systems will obviously make different numbers, but the biggest factor is displacement. The bigger the motor, the bigger the power difference any mod will make - especially intake/exhaust mods because you're limited by displacement. It's an exponential increase.

I've got a '93 GS500 with a lot of mods. Stock hp averages 38-39 rwhp on the dyno. With a timing advance, stg. III jet kit, K&N pod filter, and full V&H exhaust it makes just over 45 rwhp on the dyno. Not a huge difference on paper, but it FEELS like a lot. The bike also revs quicker and freer.

And for those who ask why...because it's damn fun. The bike is cheap as hell to work on and insure and it's a blast to ride. Mine has a full GSX-R suspension conversion and sticky tires, and it'll hang with much bigger, more powerful bikes in the twisties. Track days are a riot. Of course when I hit the straight at VIR the bigger bikes pass me like I'm standing still, but when they get passed by a 500 late braking into turn one, guy's get pissed! A good rider on a faster bike is obviously going to be faster...but it's still funny as hell when that kid on a new R6 that can't ride wants to know what you're riding because he can't keep up.

Anyhow, back to the subject. Small bikes are fun. You don't need 100 hp under you to have fun on a bike. And IMO, if your goal is to be a fast, smooth rider, it's easier to learn how to go fast on a slower bike.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:42 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by xshanex
there might be a couple of things on kawiforums.com as well

here's an example of a bike for sale on wera.com. Lots of ideas for things you can do

EX includes:
clear title
97 stock motor w/2700 street miles & 5 race weekends
F3 frontend
ZX-6 polished swingarm
F3 rear wheel w/captive spacers
Fox Twin-clicker shock
braided brake lines
steering damper
CFM rearsets
Pro-Flo clip-ons
DID X-ring chain
new sprockets/extra gearing/spare front discs
Airtech race bodywork
full Muzzy exhaust
haha when i said my friend has one that is a blast to ride, thats it
Old 12-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Stea1thy
aka GSXR

Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy Stea1thy

aaaaaah i c, dam lol, that actually does sound like a pretty fun idea