Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

any rotary shops around here

Old 12-09-2005, 01:10 AM
Qwiksillva
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva
Default Re: any rotary shops around here

If Lou was so great with rotaries, he would have known the impedance numbers on the RX-7s. Guess what, anything electrical, he's clueless it seems. Basically half the problems with rotary cars are electrical issues (especially grounding), so if he can't figure out an electrical problem, then he can't do diddly-squat for any RX-7 out there.

Basically, you're shit-out-of-luck if you're looking for a quality job on a rotary in the 757. I know one guy that's good, but he works very slow and has basically retired from the whole rotary engine ordeal.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Lovintha7
Pistonless

Lovintha7 has disabled reputation

Yea,

Will at Autodemics was a character. He built a fast FD and everthing but ended up being a crook. I asked him some stuff about my FB, and he was always telling me that no one made this stuff, he'd have to custom make this and that.

Like Qwik said, your screwed when it comes to a pistonless engine in the 757. The closest reputable shop for the rotary is PFS. There may be a few closer, in NoVa. Check the guys over in that section.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:48 PM
RichRotorhead

RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead

Originally Posted by Qwiksillva
If Lou was so great with rotaries, he would have known the impedance numbers on the RX-7s. Guess what, anything electrical, he's clueless it seems. Basically half the problems with rotary cars are electrical issues (especially grounding), so if he can't figure out an electrical problem, then he can't do diddly-squat for any RX-7 out there.

Basically, you're shit-out-of-luck if you're looking for a quality job on a rotary in the 757. I know one guy that's good, but he works very slow and has basically retired from the whole rotary engine ordeal.
Lou is more of an Old School Rotorhead, ie; Carbs and shit. So don't bother quizing him on the hi-tech stuff. Overall good guy though.

I have a feeling I know who you're referring to whe you say you know a good guy... are his initials CR?

-Rich
Old 12-10-2005, 06:03 AM
yuichiror
Registered Member

yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror

Originally Posted by RichRotorhead
Lou is more of an Old School Rotorhead, ie; Carbs and shit. So don't bother quizing him on the hi-tech stuff. Overall good guy though.

I have a feeling I know who you're referring to whe you say you know a good guy... are his initials CR?

-Rich
You mean Chris? He's helped me a few times, never learned his last name though..... You commin' to the next meet Rich?
Old 12-10-2005, 08:20 AM
RichRotorhead

RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead RichRotorhead

Yeah that who I had in mind. In fact he was the original builder of my engine, it's really a long and weird story how that happened.

When and where is the next meet?

-Rich
Old 12-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Jester_Si
Jungle Boogie

Jester_Si has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by VaGambler
yea i think you are thinking of the same guy
Is this the guy with "8 yo V8" tag or something similar?
Old 12-12-2005, 04:50 PM
yuichiror
Registered Member

yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror yuichiror

Yeah that who I had in mind. In fact he was the original builder of my engine, it's really a long and weird story how that happened.

When and where is the next meet?

-Rich
We meeting at the Hooters on Battlefield Blvd Sat the 17th at 7:00. Hope to see you there!
So about CR, what's the story? He seems like a good guy, has helped me out a few times.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Qwiksillva
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

-Rich
I see Lou as a good person and all, but he lost my respect for rotary knowledge. If he can't do the job right and he knows he doesn't know much on anything "hi-tech", then he shouldn't even touch anything 84+.

No, the person I am referring to is not that.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:18 PM
VaGambler
Banned

VaGambler is an unknown quantity at this point

guys just hold on , my buddy is retiring, from the military and is going to open a rotary shop in Spring , he works out of my gargage for now , part time , if anyone needs any info , just pm me

Thanks