Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Is 300whp in an eclipse do-able?

Old 12-04-2005, 03:22 PM
turbo98
I'm Herpes Free!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is 300whp in an eclipse do-able?

I spent like around $5k....I made 312whp and 317tq @21psi and I drove it like that for 10k miles before selling it to 97eclipse. I raced that car 5-6 times a night on the weekend not to count the countless times during the week and it gave me no problems.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:28 PM
kirill
Ultraspeed

kirill has disabled reputation

made 12more than that on bolt on's only without all the 1g swapping thing.
mods:
upgraded turbo to EvoIII GT
Tubular manifold
tubular o2 housing
full turbo back 3" Apexi Dunk exhaust
2.5 expanding to 3" Apexi downpipe
Catco high flow 3" cat (gutted)
Hard pipe intake and cone filter
Greddy Types S bov
Greddy upper intercooler pipes
TurboSmart dual stage manual boost controller
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator with b&m gauge
680cc injectors
Walbro 255 hp fuel pump
Apexi style (obx) front mount intercooler
SAFC-II
ACT 2600 clutch kit
Fidanza 8lbs flywheel
Old 12-04-2005, 03:31 PM
turbo98
I'm Herpes Free!!

turbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond reputeturbo98 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, I forgot about the damn flywheel and safc2....
Old 12-04-2005, 03:44 PM
demboyzracing03
Banned

demboyzracing03 is an unknown quantity at this point

also invest in the dsmlink v2 helps out alot!
Old 12-24-2005, 10:17 AM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Where to begin. 300whp on a GST is extremely easy. Firstly your motor is easily capable of far more than that, I run the same exact bottom end, and am producing more than 400awhp. With your current setup, you will need to change a few things. Firstly, you do not need any 1g crap. There is absolutely no need to use 1g anything, so don't worry about that. Secondly the turbo you come with from the factory will not produce this figure. As others have mentioned a cheap alternative would be the Evo 3 16g, I wouldnt use the Evo 3 16g GT as they have mentioned, but the regular Evo 3 16g. There has been debate on whether or not the Evo 3 16g GT is a good or bad turbo, however from my perspective it doesn't matter. I KNOW that the Evo 3 16g is a true mitsubishi turbo, and I know it is a quality piece, end of story, so I don't care what the other turbo is. To bolt this turbo on you will need a 16g install kit. In addition you should have a 3" catback, 3" testpipe or highflow cat, and a 2.5" expanding to a 3" downpipe. For engine management I would highly suggest getting a 1995 Eclipse Eprom ECU and either using an eprom chip, or DSMlink, which is essentially a reprogrammable eprom chip. Once that is established I would suggest at minimum 660cc injectors to fully maximize the potential of that turbo on pump gas. On the intake side of things your 2g MAS is far and away more than you will ever need, capable of a good 40% more flow than that Evo 3 16g will ever produce. For an air filter go with a K&N FIPK, used if possible and just recharge it. A nice 3" intake pipe would work nicely as well to keep the pre-turbo pressure drop down. Don't bother going with intercooler pipes, just go with a full front mount intercooler, as the FMIC kits come with full piping, and its a waste to buy anything less. Get a Greddy Type-S BOV, or HKS SSQV and recirculation fitting for a blow off valve. You could port match your exhaust manifold to a 7cm gasket, as well as completely port out your O2 housing at the same time.

This setup should cost roughly like so:

Evo 3 16g: 550
Install kit: 200
3" catback: 450
3" Testpipe: 50
2.5"-3" downpipe: 200
K&N FIPK: 60
3" Intake pipe: 75
DSMlink: 600
Keydiver Eprom: 80
95 Eprom ECU: 200
660cc injectors: 200
FMIC: 800
Greddy Type-S: 150

Now I say this setup, and I know you asked for 300whp, which this setup is more than capable of doing, however understand that this setup is capable of MUCH more, likely around 360whp or so on race fuel. At 300whp it wouldnt even flinch, and I would expect no less than 330whp on a well tuned pump gas car. The prices I listed are mostly brand new prices, and if you shop around you can do much much better. I've spent about 4000 total on my go fast mods and I should be in the vicinity of 430-450awhp, and that includes a full timing belt replacement, new headgasket etc. That turbo for example I'm sure if you shopped around you could find a great used model for 350 bucks, or a great catback for 300, a Megan downpipe for 95 shipped, etc. If I were shopping I know I could knock those prices down by 40% for the most part with ease. Just do your research as you WILL be shunned on the boards for asking a question like this however. Most people don't enjoy people coming onto a forum and basically wanting the answers spoon fed to them. Research everything, and good luck.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:38 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

you all make this shit too hard..

cheapest way to make your power:

walbro fuel pump (or if you can get ahold of a EVO fp i believe it's a direct drop in for you guys)
Evo 560s, or some other 550s, evo injectors are a cheap alternative though if you don't mind used
SAFC
3" turbo-back exhaust
Evo3 16G
FMIC (or supra SMIC if you're on a budget)
crushed 1G BOV

eventually the stock clutch will go, at which time i'd recommend a ACT2600

and some tuning.. cams will make hitting 300 a lot easier, FFWD and FP both have cheap cam combinations that work well

properly maintain the vehicle and don't drive like a retard, and you should be perfectly reliable at this power level. DSMs are pretty strong mechanically, treat them right and you don't start to really break shit till you get close to the 500+whp range

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 12-24-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:03 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Or you could use Dave's cheapo way of doing it . Either way will do it most definately, his just leaving out the luxury items.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:18 PM
evolve
Registered member

evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve

Ive got an evo OEM fuel pump for sale
Old 12-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ritz
No, but what does that matter? Everything that a WS6 comes "upgraded" with was replaced (wheels, tires, suspension was in the works before I sold it). All I needed was a hood, but I didn't feel like paying $3K more for a WS6 when I was replacing everything that made it a WS6 know what I mean?

LiveDakota on here has it now.
so predictable