Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

what to do?

Old 12-28-2005, 04:48 PM
87vert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
87vert has disabled reputation
Default Re: what to do?

or just think of it as a way to upgrade to an aftermarket exhaust and a custom paintjob and get some new gear outta it
Old 12-28-2005, 04:52 PM
lYellowDragonl
Registered Member

lYellowDragonl has disabled reputation

yea but im getting tired of the sv650s power i wanted to upgrade to a larger inline 4 bike what do you think?
Old 12-29-2005, 05:32 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

usually it needs to be 75% of the retail value of the bike to be totaled, which isn't too hard considering NADA retail is usually pretty low and OE bike parts are pretty expensive, but also alot of companies won't allow you to buy it back if it isn't more than a year old

definetly don't not let it get repaired because your afraid it will look bad when you try and resale it, otherwise the only option is to fix it out of your own pocket which would be more expensive than the amount you'd lose if its all fixed perfect but you disclosed that it had been repaired... like lawabidn said ask that they compensate you for the loss of value, if its repairable, and definetly go for a personal injury settlement

if she has progressive they won't cover your gear unless you threaten to get a lawyer and then they will only cover what the used market price is for it, i had a $700 arai and the adjuster guy is like "but i went on ebay and used helmets are only like $50", i'm like what the fuck do i want with a used helmet, and he says "well yours was used so why should i buy you a new one?" and absolutely would not budge about it, same with my jacket... if you go to a cool dealer they can write up an estimate with a $1,000 stock muffler a $200 stock fender and stuff like that, then just replace it with a $300 aftermarket muffler and a undertail and pocket the rest
Old 12-29-2005, 06:22 AM
lYellowDragonl
Registered Member

she actually has Geico and i have progressive and i already did get a lawyer to handle my case
Old 12-30-2005, 04:08 AM
HORNY4ZORNY
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

sounds like it should have been totalled out......
Old 12-30-2005, 06:45 PM
lYellowDragonl
Registered Member

yea i just had someone from geico come out and look at it and he says from the looks of it it looks totalled