Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

wheelie crashes

Old 02-20-2006 | 04:00 PM
simplisticzx9r
Simplistik Z ya L8r

simplisticzx9r has disabled reputation
Default Re: wheelie crashes

^ do you do tuning and stuff ? i need to get my bike set up for the summer...its running lean as hell, sucking down some serious gas. and i just had all that shit done this past year, however ,the cold weather has made it sit a lot, and now i just sounds like a damn harley when i start it up... its a 96 Zx9r ...yoshi CF pipe..and osme others...any suggestions on what i can do ? it also takes a long to warm up...i rode from Ft Eustis, to Colliseum Drive before it was ready to be got on
Old 02-20-2006 | 05:08 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

uh, if you'r drinkin gas like that... it's running rich.... not lean. probably why it's slow to warm up too. it's VERY common for tuners to go too big with the main jets on zx6's and 9's. they weren't jetted as lean from the factory as alot of other bikes, and when people start playing with the jetting, they tend to go too big on the mains, and open the mixture screws too much. was it a factorypro or dynojet jet kit?
that rich setup also fouls plugs quick, which is probably why your bike "sounds like a harley".... it's not firing on all the cylinders. i'd recomend having the carbs cleans, retuned, and sync'ed, along with a fresh set of plugs.
i've been doing alot of side work, since i'm in the process of switching shops. if you want to me to go thru the bike for you, shoot me a pm. i can do it at my house, or you can bring it to my shop. it depends on when exactly you want to do it as to where would be better to do it.
Old 02-20-2006 | 08:29 PM
simplisticzx9r
Simplistik Z ya L8r

simplisticzx9r has disabled reputation

well when i got it. my intentions were to go thru the bike front to back ....and it took until november before i got the bike back...its running better howwever its taking forever to warmy up , and SUCKING gas down..how much would charge to take a look at something like that and get it fixed for me,. i want my bike to be ready for the summer
Old 02-20-2006 | 09:10 PM
wwplayboater
Registered Member

wwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud ofwwplayboater has much to be proud of

My friend went down in a parking lot while doing a wheelie. He had come down and while breaking ran over a piece of plastic that caused the front wheel tolock up and slide, which is almost certan death, lol. He had slowed to about 20mph so he was fine, but his bike was in kinda sad shape.
Old 02-21-2006 | 04:17 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

Originally Posted by simplisticzx9r
well when i got it. my intentions were to go thru the bike front to back ....and it took until november before i got the bike back...its running better howwever its taking forever to warmy up , and SUCKING gas down..how much would charge to take a look at something like that and get it fixed for me,. i want my bike to be ready for the summer
check your pm's
Old 02-21-2006 | 05:26 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i'll agree it might look like it happens more than it does in videos because people give more attention to the crash footage than the footage of nothing going wrong, but its still pretty common... i was reading an article of the guy that holds the worlds fastest wheelie record and he put it simply, if you wheelie enough you will wreck, but especially as a beginner
Old 02-21-2006 | 05:49 AM
lYellowDragonl
Registered Member

lYellowDragonl has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by wwplayboater
My friend went down in a parking lot while doing a wheelie. He had come down and while breaking ran over a piece of plastic that caused the front wheel tolock up and slide, which is almost certan death, lol. He had slowed to about 20mph so he was fine, but his bike was in kinda sad shape.
breaking = braking
certan = certain
Old 02-21-2006 | 03:46 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

lol... grammar nazi....

i've been know to do that too.....
Old 02-22-2006 | 08:13 AM
nismo300zr2
Show-lo car

nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2

someone please post up when that wheelie contraption will be around. ive seen a similar one before on some stunt vids...
im still using the power to hold my wheelies up riding out first gear sitting to redline. 2nd i can ride out for quite a bit standing, but ive never had to use the rear brake yet. im still skerred to stay around the balance point with no 12'o bar or cage
Old 02-22-2006 | 03:27 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

if you hit the 12 bar at that speed, you WILL fall down.

they're for parking lot stuff. so are cages. even the best stunt cages out there don't completely save your bike. i watched a friend of mine shove the cage mounting bolt 2" into his cylinder head after 2 falls. you can't just let the bike go and expect the cage to soak up the fall. it doesn't work that way. you can't just go smacking the 12 bar either, you'll take your subframe right off. it's more for feeling where the bike is than anything else. you still have to lay it on the bar easily to keep from tearing the rear end off your bike. stuters go thru ALOT of parts. especially subframes, levers, pegs, clip ons (or dirtbike bars if you use them) stator covers, clutch covers, and there's alot of motors being blown.

i wouldn't stunt a daily driver, it won't last very long.

just my $.02, from expereience.

as for bishop and his wheelie machine, i believe he has a web site. i'd check around for it.